The Rainforest Alliance is an international nonprofit organization working to build a future in which nature is protected and biodiversity flourishes, where farmers, workers, and communities prosper, and where sustainable land use and responsible business practices are the norm. We envision a world where people and nature thrive in harmony. In January 2018, the Rainforest Alliance merged with UTZ, a global program and label for sustainable farming.
The Coordinator, Institutional Relations (IR) is responsible for ensuring clear harmonization of efforts across a large, global team working to secure revenue from foundation, corporate, government and multilateral funding sources. S/he will provide significant general administrative support, as needed, to the Institutional Relations team, regularly draft written communications to donors, and be the IR lead in assembling complex due diligence documentation. S/he also maintains a distinct donor portfolio of foundations and is responsible for providing significant writing support on funding proposals and technical reports due to institutional funders.
- Serve as key support within the IR team, coordinating actions of staff based in numerous locations globally, such that the team can achieve its overall goal of advancing and implementing strategy to secure institutional funding that ensures the financial sustainability of RA’s landscape-level programming;
- Write and edit strong five and six-figure proposals for funding by key IR supporters as well as reports due to funders on current grants; This represents important solicitation and stewardship action that is necessary to maintain good donor relations and ensure a steady flow of new funding to Rainforest Alliance;
- S/he will work closely with all members of the IR team, as well as colleagues in the Individual Philanthropy, Membership, and Communications departments;
- Additionally, the position must interact regularly with the Global Administration and Finance Departments to streamline internal development processes;
- This position works closely with Rainforest Alliance field staff and finance staff to develop high quality proposals and reports;
- Provide significant general administrative support, including the completion of complex due diligence documentation and pre-screening questionnaires, to IR team for six and seven figure proposals;
- Serve as the IR Team lead in managing its donor database, intranet, and file storing systems;
- Create, adjust, and implement policies and protocols that ensure best practices are followed within the IR to ensure efficiency and effectiveness;
- Write, adapt and edit proposals and concept papers for landscape-level programs;
- Responsible for a portfolio of 10-15 foundation funders, driving internal strategies for each;
- Carefully manage all funders and prospects in his/her portfolio, tracking budgetary projections for each within donor database;
- Maintain accurate donor records in Rainforest Alliance’s donor database, create donor collateral, and assist with revenue projections; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required;
- At least 3 years of professional work experience;
- Must have excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) with fluency in English; additional fluency in Spanish a plus;
- Strong computer skills required (Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint);
- Experience with Salesforce software strongly preferred;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Experience with/knowledge of conservation and/or community development issues preferred;
- Demonstrates high level of attention to detail
- High degree of organizational skill, including the ability to manage multiple priorities and work under tight deadlines
Commensurate with experience.
Please apply online. Combine cover letter and resume as one single document and upload.