The Rainforest Alliance is an international nonprofit organization working to build a future in which nature is protected and biodiversity flourishes, where farmers, workers, and communities prosper, and where sustainable land use and responsible business practices are the norm. We envision a world where people and nature thrive in harmony. In January 2018, the Rainforest Alliance merged with UTZ, a global program and label for sustainable farming.
The Finance & Administrative Generalist Ghana, is a key member of the Regions and Support units (Finance & Administration and IT) teams which includes Global Internal Compliance, Human Resources, Finance, IT, and Accounting. S/he will manage the day-to-day business administration and human resources support for a country office and/or any associated satellite offices located within the country, in line with global guidelines and procedures.
- Execute a full range of duties of general office support including: facilities, country administration, local compliance, equipment management, budget monitoring, and assist regional support roles as necessary.
- Prepare and submit national tax and any other national compliance requirements.
- Facilitate and document procurements for vendors.
- Build and review local budgets, prepare financial reports.
- Execute a full range of Human Resources administrative duties in line with local employment law and internal policies and procedures.
- Bookkeeping, delivery of monthly Office Accounting Report, online banking, tax fillings.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting, or related field
- Professional experience with book-keeping, and contractual management; human resources administration experience required;
- Able to navigate competing demands on time with a proactive and positive outlook;
- Preferable: 2-5 years of national tax compliance experience
- Solid knowledge of procurement processes and regulations;
- Written and verbal proficiency in English;
- Ability to handle sensitive information confidentially;
- Experience in a global work environment and/or international nonprofit organization preferred
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 30% per year in the field, nationally.
Commensurate with experience.
Only candidates authorized to work in Ghana will be considered.
The Rainforest Alliance is an equal opportunity employer.
Please send your application (max. 1 page motivation, max 2 page resume) no later than 20 February 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning ‘F&A generalist” in the subject line.