The Rainforest Alliance is an international nonprofit organization that works to conserve biodiversity and ensure sustainable livelihoods by transforming land-use practices, business practices and consumer behavior. With headquarters in New York City, and offices worldwide, the Rainforest Alliance works with people whose livelihoods depend on the land, helping them transform the way they grow food, harvest wood and host travelers.
The Finance Associate will be responsible for providing critical support to the Director of Finance. S/he will work closely with the entire Finance and Administration Unit and will assist in coordinating the organization-wide budgeting development process, produce financial reports, perform financial analysis, and provide financial support for various subunits. The Finance Associate will be an integral part of the Finance and Accounting team, and as part of that team will be expected to provide, as well as receive, backup and support to others in the department to achieve critical deadlines.
- In conjunction with the Finance team, coordinate the process of developing the annual budget and periodic forecasting;
- Produce standard and ad hoc financial reports for finance & accounting management; work with Finance Managers to ensure consistency;
- Develop and maintain budget and financial report templates and implement modifications as needed;
- Serve as a resource on general budget questions;
- Monitor all financial activities, and keep management and HQ Finance advised of situations which have potential negative impact on financial performance;
- Participate in major Finance team initiatives. Manage, maintain, and troubleshoot financial reporting systems and tools;
- Manage the budgets for operational units (F&A, HR, Legal, Executive, IT, Development);
- Serve as F&A project lead and administrator for F&A SharePoint site, build, create, and organize historical database for all Finance related reports and maintain integrity;
- Train appropriate staff in the use of budget templates, and the explanation of applicable Rainforest Alliance processes, procedures and tools;
- Perform calculations of various financial indicators for programs or subunits;
- Produce monthly time card status report and send out alerts;
- Assist in troubleshooting processes related to finance & accounting such as timecards, financial position justifications/requests for hire, budgeting best practices, and financial reporting tools;
- Serve as a key communication conduit to and from HQ-Finance, Management and other stakeholders. Ensures the timely and accurate dissemination of information;
- Coordinate with finance & accounting management to create/update accounting system cost codes; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration with a concentration in Accounting or Finance;
- 4 years of experience in a professional work environment;
- Minimum 3 years of experience in budgeting, financial reporting, and financial analysis;
- Familiarity with a multi-office, multinational organizational environment; non-profit experience preferred;
- Strong work experience with computerized accounting systems and reporting tools; knowledge of Solomon/MS Dynamics SL a plus;
- Demonstrated excellent computer skills with advanced proficiency in Excel;
- Strong math, analytical and technical skills; highly organized, detail oriented and customer service oriented;
- Experience in training a variety of staff in budgeting, financial reporting and use of financial tools;
- Excellent interpersonal communications skills, with written and verbal Spanish fluency a plus; and
- Ability to interact professionally with culturally and linguistically diverse staff and clients.
- Attention to Detail: The ability to process detailed information effectively and consistently;
- Flexible Behavior: The ability to change one’s behavioral style and/or views in order to attain a set goal;
- Forming Judgment: The ability to balance facts and potential approaches taking the appropriate criteria into account; and
- Workmanship: Independently carrying out one's work in accordance with professional standards of one's profession. Developing oneself in one's professional field. Having a thorough knowledge of one's field.
Commensurate with experience.
- Health/medical coverage for staff and family;
- Retirement savings plans;
- Paid time off for holidays/vacations, illness, and personal needs;
- Assistance for adverse situations that might arise while on business travel; and
- Insurance for unfortunate circumstances.
Please apply online at https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.html?client=rainalli&jobId=226619&lang=en_US&source=CC2 . Combine cover letter and resume as one single document and upload.