The Associate, Finance and Administration is a key member of the Regions and Support units teams which includes Global Internal Compliance (GIC), Human Resources, Finance, IT, and Accounting. He/she will manage the day-to-day business administration and Human Resources support for the Brazil team. He/she will perform HR, Global Internal Compliance, Finance, IT and Accounting activities for Colombia, oversee country facilities and perform/submit all national registration requirements. This person will provide support and coordination with the Country Lead and regional functional counterparts to ensure the excellence in our financial, administrative, HR and other back-office functions in Colombia.
- Manage national facilities including office budget, office space, home-based offices, vendors, lease, purchasing, country information, coordinate national safety & security planning, and serve as IT point-of-contact in country in coordination with Country Director and Regional Lead(s), and
- Facilitate/deliver training to local staff on key topics.
Global Internal Compliance
- Work closely with the Regional GIC Lead, and in coordination with the Legal team, ensure branch/subsidiaries are in compliance, and ensure procurement and national contracts meets all Rainforest Alliance and donor requirements; and
- Under the guidance of the Regional GIC Lead, review/prepare contracts and ensure their archiving in the Salesforce platform.
- Provide HR support in employment relations issues;
- Provide guidance to management on local employment law, including preparation of local employee contracts, prepares terminations, disciplinary and grievance;
- Safeguards and elaborates staff files: requires documents to actual or new staff;
- Manages the opening of bank accounts of new staff;
- Support staff process changes (confirmation letters) and coordinates with HR Business Partner;
- Develops monthly payroll;
- Oversee performance management process;
- Ensure compliance with Rainforest Alliance HR policies and procedures;
- Monitor and manage vacation and paid leave logs;
- Manages recruitment processes of local positions: review of Job Descriptions, send post to HR Business Partner, screening of candidates, performs and coordinates interviews, reference checks, watchdog verification, offer letter;
- In coordination with HR Business Partner, administer general benefits as well as manage the local private insurance policy, which includes sourcing and managing the broker and all associated broker services. When needed, works with the broker and employee to resolve unique issues;
- Provides and coordinates the new employee orientation; and
- Organize periodic team-building activities for the country office
Finance & Accounting:
- Manage payroll (in coordination with the outsourcing company if is necessary);
- Process payments, review Payment Request Form and Travel Expense Report, ensure all documentation is according to the local laws;
- Perform bookkeeping (as necessary) and preparation of monthly Office Accounting Report in coordination with the Regional Accounting lead, ensuring timely monthly close information is provided to Regional Lead. Training local staff on timecards & expenses, manage locally issued corporate cards, facilitate local banking relationship, audit coordination, compliance with accounting Policies & Procedures, coordinate with field offices/other Regional Managers as needed, and preparation/submission of all local filings (tax and others); and
- Provide financial management support (budgeting, financial reporting) as requested for locally managed programmatic activities.
- Serve as IT point of contact, which includes: local equipment procurement, distribution and inventory, coordination with IT vendors for service delivery, providing feedback on local IT requirements and service delivery; and
- Facilitate delivery of IT services and providing training support, including management/maintenance of conferencing equipment; advise, troubleshoot and support staff on use of OneDrive, Confluence, Salesforce; support local servers and printers.
Integrated local office support:
- Oversee logistics for country visits by other Rainforest Alliance staff;
- Organize periodic team-building activities for the country office, and support logistics for events and workshops; and
Other tasks as assigned
Commensurate with experience.
Only candidates authorized to work in Colombia will be considered.
Send resume, cover letter and salary expectation to Human Resources, Rainforest Alliance E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. If emailing, use the following format in the subject line: first name and last name, job title of position you are applying for.