At the Rainforest Alliance, we are building an alliance to create a better future for people and nature by making responsible business the new normal.
To advance our mission, we focus on amplifying our impact on the ground through systemic transformation: change across the entire supply chain, change in the relationship between people and nature, and change within our own organization. We achieve this transformation by working in collaboration with a wide range of stakeholders to create a stronger Alliance. Together, we amplify the voices of farmers and forest communities, improve livelihoods, protect biodiversity, and help people adapt to climate change in bold and effective ways. We embrace transparency because we believe that the best way to build trust across our alliance is through openness about our tactics, our impact, and partners on the ground. Together, we can achieve our vision of a world where people and nature thrive in harmony.
Request for Proposal:
The Rainforest Alliance is calling for proposal for a Germany Communications Agency (or consultant) to help drive media coverage in targeted outlets, support PR campaigns, develop/adapt content for our German online channels and overall help increase awareness in Germany on the mission and impacts of the Rainforest Alliance. The consultant/agency will work in close collaboration with the Rainforest Alliance communications team and report to Media Relations Officer Europe.
85 days maximum in a 6-month contract starting April 1 with potential to renew the contract
- Establish stronger presence for the Rainforest Alliance in the media and garner positive media coverage in German media including both trade and general media outlets;
- Monitor and report on the Rainforest Alliance’s media coverage in Germany;
- Review, develop and manage media lists for Germany and establish key targets for the Rainforest Alliance;
- Design and implement a programme of targeted media outreach, including trade media, specialist consumer/food/drink/forestry media, as well as outreach to national sustainability and consumer affairs media in Germany, achieving approximately twelve (12) articles in selected media;
- Work proactively to secure exposure of the Rainforest Alliance in German national general media: approximately three (3) articles;
- Manage media queries from German-language media;
- Provide a rapid response function to counter any negative or inaccurate reporting of the Rainforest Alliance and its programs in all German-language media, in close collaboration with global Risk Manager and in alignment with organization risk protocol;
- Develop Germany-specific communication materials by adapting existing resources;
- Support the Rainforest Alliance communications team in managing reputational risks that involve German-language media, in alignment with organization risk protocol;
- Help to organize media events/press conferences and press trips as required;
- Based on the global social media strategy and in close collaboration with the Rainforest Alliance global social media team, manage social media channels aimed at the German market and German speakers elsewhere. Some specific tasks include:
- Coordinating the German speaking content calendar and generating content
- Monitoring and growing social media engagement among the German speaking pre-determined audiences
- Doing community management;
- Develop/translate content for the German language microwebsite;
- Translation/re-creation of blogs, newsletter copy, direct mailings, support documents, marketing materials (e.g. infographics, subtitles for videos, leaflets);
- Opportunistic marketing support as available (leveraging and supporting events, company activations, etc).
- Consultant or agency must have recent and demonstrated success garnering positive media coverage for NGO’s in the environmental/sustainability sector; must have established relationships with Germany-based mainstream media and sustainability publications. Must be familiar with current social and environmental issues such as international development, deforestation, climate change, and supply chains.
- Must have recent and demonstrated success running social media campaigns.
- Must have eligibility to work in Germany and be based in Germany.
- Proposals must include evidence of successful media placement, successful social media campaigns, German copywriting examples, recent references or testimonials and daily rate of consultant or agency.