The Rainforest Alliance is an international nonprofit organization working to build a future in which nature is protected and biodiversity flourishes, where farmers, workers, and communities prosper, and where sustainable land use and responsible business practices are the norm. We envision a world where people and nature thrive in harmony. In January 2018, the Rainforest Alliance merged with UTZ, a global program and label for sustainable farming.
The DACH Lead will be responsible for market development, stakeholder outreach, and relationship management within the designated region of responsibility. S/he will take the lead in developing the markets strategy for the region, in close coordination with colleagues throughout the Markets portfolio, and will collaborate with other internal units to identify opportunities and mitigate risks.
- Leads creation and implementation of markets strategy/plans (business development plans) in Germany, Austria, and Switzerland;
- Responsible for volume and royalty goals in region;
- Develops and manages key market and stakeholder relations essential to transform the sustainability landscape of the core markets and globally;
- Manages team within region, ensuring creation and implementation of market plans and achievement of objectives at core market and country level;
- Defines and leads cross-departmental groups/discussions to define and implement plans and initiatives to achieve regions’ goals;
- Monitors and researches developments in the core market to identify opportunities/threats relevant to our advocacy and supply work; collaborating on efforts to design and implement actions with Advocacy, Communications, and regional units to realize those opportunities or mitigate that risk;
- Leads work with regional team from main countries supplying Rainforest Alliance products to core market in developing information and initiatives relevant to core market; and
- Represent the Rainforest Alliance in discussions with relevant stakeholders within region to advance the Rainforest Alliance’s agenda.
- Master's degree in business administration, supply chain management, or related field;
- 7-10 years’ experience relevant to supply chain management within Germany (preferred), Austria, and/or Switzerland;
- 3-5 years’ people management experience;
- Experience developing and implementing business development plans, key account strategies, marketing plans, or strategic planning; proven experience of establishing and maintaining successful account relationships within corporate sector;
- Experience developing market initiatives in partnership with origin stakeholders;
- Working knowledge of voluntary certification and sustainable value chains;
- Business fluency in both English and language relevant to Core Market; and
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 30% of time.
Commensurate with experience.
Only candidates authorized to work in country of application will be considered.
Please apply online. Combine cover letter and resume as one single document and upload.