The objective of the Global Lead Sustainable Agriculture is to advise on the sustainable production of the crops Rainforest Alliance is active in (with a focus on cocoa, coffee, tea, banana) and related issues to develop and implement policies, tools and systems to tackle these.
- Provide dynamic and creative leadership and coordination for the development and implementation of Rainforest Alliance’s strategy on Sustainable Agriculture, with an emphasis on productivity, IPM and use of agrochemicals;
- Support the development of the Sustainable Agriculture Standard of Rainforest Alliance, related tools and guidance and its implementation;
- Support the implementation of field programs and projects on increasing the productivity in Rainforest Alliance’s crops in a sustainable way, including Sector Partnerships;
- Co-lead innovative program, project, and proposal design and development for interventions within these areas of expertise, including cultivation and support for key partner, company and donor relationships;
- Work effectively with other theme leads and technical staff across the organization as well as externally to advance Rainforest Alliance’s overall mission and strategy.
The Global Lead Sustainable Agriculture will be part of the Economics team where he/she will work together with the Global Leads on Farmer Group Strengthening, Living Wage, and Living Income; he/she will report to the Team Lead Economics, being, a/I, the Director of the Global Themes and Partnerships department.
Commensurate with experience.
The Rainforest Alliance is an equal opportunity employer.
Please send your application (max 1 page motivation, max 2 page resume) no later than Aug 31, 2019 to email@example.com mentioning "Global Lead Sustainable Agriculture" in the subject line. For questions about this position, please contact Laurens van Oeijen via +31 20 5308000 or firstname.lastname@example.org.