At the Rainforest Alliance, we are building an alliance to create a better future for people and nature by making responsible business the new normal. To advance our mission, we focus on amplifying our impact on the ground through systemic transformation: change across the entire supply chain, change in the relationship between people and nature, and change within our own organization. We achieve this transformation by working in collaboration with a wide range of stakeholders to create a stronger Alliance. Together, we amplify the voices of farmers and forest communities, improve livelihoods, protect biodiversity, and help people adapt to climate change in bold and effective ways. We embrace transparency because we believe that the best way to build trust across our alliance is through openness about our tactics, our impact, and partners on the ground. Together, we can achieve our vision of a world where people and nature thrive in harmony.
The U.S. HR Lead / Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP), under the guidance of the Global HR Director, is responsible for ensuring alignment between the Rainforest Alliance’s organizational objectives and established HR practices and policies. He/she is also responsible for managing the HR team in the U.S. as well as the facilities team. The HRBP will help guide decision making by adapting staff learning and development initiatives, overseeing performance and talent management, and oversight of other HR functions aligned to the global HR framework. The HRBP provides consulting and coaching to a selected group of leaders and employees to support the Rainforest Alliance's mission, vision, and organizational goals and works to strengthening the organizational capacity through effective talent management.
- Manage the US-based HR and facilities teams, ensuring adherence to defined practices, policies and objectives – this includes direct management of three full-time staff;
- Act as an HR strategic partner to a select group of Leadership Team members; collaborating to ensuring alignment between functional objectives and global HR agendas;
- Alongside other global HRBP’s, and under the guidance of the Global HR Director, drive the HR strategy and coordination of several strategic activities and projects across the global organization;
- Adapt global talent management initiatives to ensure alignment with organizational objections that focus on the full employee lifecycle, including recruitment engagement, retention, performance management, and training & development;
- Identify, analyze and report out on relevant key performance indicators and trends and to develop solutions;
- Administer staff learning and development activities and performance management cycles, ensuring that these are implemented against established schedules and plans to support the work of the RA;
- Manage and resolve complex employee relations issues within certain portfolios; conduct effective investigations with responsibility for difficult and sensitive information; Build effective networks with internal colleagues and external service providers and consultants in support of the design and delivery of HR projects, overseeing delivery against contracts; and
- Other duties, as assigned.
- A minimum of 10 years professional experience, of which minimum 5 years as manager;
- Master or Bachelor Degree in Human Resources, Organization Development or a related field; SPHR or PRH, a plus;
- Knowledge and understanding of a variety of areas within Human Resources including labor law, compensation and benefits, performance management, talent management and recruitment;
- Experience in matrix organized businesses;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Team player with an emphasis on trust, ethics and respect, by consistently modeling high standards of performance when working with colleagues;
- Ability to execute plans effectively across a culturally and geographically diverse organization;
- Experience working in an international environment; and
- Willingness and ability to travel.
Commensurate with experience.
The Rainforest Alliance is an equal opportunity employer.
Please apply online. Combine cover letter and resume as one single document and upload.