The Landscale Sr. Asociate will be responsible of activities related to the Rainforest Alliance-led initiative to Apply the Landscape Standard, and related grants and field initiatives implemented for local partners. S/he will coordinate and support bi-weekly, quarterly and annual reporting processes and manage and maintain-up-to-date the Performance Monitoring Plan (PMP), Environmental Monitoring and Mitigation Plan (EMMP), and other related documents and protocols required by USAID. S/he will provide day-to-day advisory, monitoring, problem solving and quality control to ensure timely and high-quality activity implementation and burn rate. S/he will supervise staff; coordinate daily with partners, external stakeholders and other internal RA units in Mexico and globally; and frequently represent the Rainforest Alliance in external meetings and public forums.
This position will report the performance in a daily basis to the Sustainable Landscapes Specialist and will be the focal point with partners and other stakeholders.
Leadership & Management
- Deliver effective and impactful implementation of RA Mexico’s activities, by fostering a culture of business and project management excellence, and by providing day-to-day oversight of the activities of the implementation of the landscape standard in the field and related initiatives;
- Support staff and partners, and ensure planned objectives are achieved and in line with budgets and related policies;
- Ensure preparation of progress reports per donor and Rainforest Alliance requirements;
- Manage, give advice, strategic planning with local partners directly in the field in the region in where the Landscape Standard initiative will be implemented;
- Lead the design, management and monitoring of the Environmental Monitoring and Mitigation Plan; Performance Monitoring and Learning Plan;
- Coordinate periodic internal working sessions, planning workshops, events, and other communications spaces with project partners to ensure effective learning, information sharing, and planning of Landscape Standard activities;
- Support supervisor in the development of quality control processes to ensure the quality and integrity of content of reports, including budget management, evidences submitted to donors, accuracy of communications materials, and quality of technical work products;
- Coordinate advisory, monitoring, budgeting and quality control to sub-grantees;
- Ensure effective cross-functional coordination within other Rainforest Alliance departments in Mexico, the Latin America region, and globally (i.e. Markets; Global Programs; Standards & Assurance; Regions; Finance; Accounting; Legal; etc) to maximize the impact and success of planned activities; and
- Ensure effective communications with the broader organization.
Advocacy & External Engagement
- Support the Sustainable Landscapes Specialist to manage stakeholder relationships effectively, including coordination of Landscape Standard Advisory Committee and/or other multi-stakeholder groups;
- Develop and maintain functional partnerships with key partners, platforms, NGOs, governments, certification bodies and other stakeholders; and further build the reputation and credibility of the Rainforest Alliance and market-based conservation approaches;
- Proactively identify and cultivate a network of partnerships with potential users of the Landscape Standard (companies, government agencies, donors, community businesses and civil society);
- Advance results-based partnerships required to achieve targets; and
- Represent Rainforest Alliance at key events, presentations, policy forums and roundtables and communicate program achievements.
- Support supervisor in the identification of the best landscape to pilot the standard within the states of Campeche, Quintana Roo, Oaxaca and Jalisco;
- Establish a local landscape advisory committee integrated by producer associations, companies, NGO´s, national and subnational governments and others as required;
- Organize and analyze land use data and policy context of the selected landscape;
- Complete baseline assessment using Landscape Standard;
- Provide technical assistance to improve land-management;
- Convene landscape learning exchanges;
- Support public-private green investments mechanisms;
- Secure long-term financing for Landscape Standard action plan; and
- Disseminate Landscape Standard in Mexico.
This position carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. This position also will assist with the execution of the project’s performance monitoring and evaluation plan with local. This position may oversee consultants and ensure coordination with Rainforest Alliance global team.
- Significant experience in project management (5-7 years of experience related with project management, budgeting, grant reporting, and leadership)
- Demonstrated record of developing and managing successful projects in the natural resources management sector;
- Demonstrated record of building or managing results-oriented and collaborative multi-stakeholder partnerships;
- Experience working with (or within) agribusiness, private sector or finance companies to advance sustainable sourcing and/or investment decisions is a plus;
- Knowledge, prior application of, or experience developing and/or managing leading certification and verification standards and systems is a plus;
- Written and verbal proficiency in English and Spanish;
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Ability and willingness to travel at least 40% of the time nationally and internationally;
- Work requires independent decision making in certain aspects of organizational functions/programs;
- Strong organizational skills to manage multiple priorities in a time sensitive manner;
- Initiative, self-motivated, resourceful, detail-oriented, dependability, strong attention to detail; and
- Experience in a not-for-profit and international environment preferred.
The position is based in Mexico, we can only consider candidates who have, will get or are eligible for a Mexican work and residency permit
Commensurate with experience.
Only candidates authorized to work in Mexico will be considered.
Send resume, cover letter and salary history no later than October 30th, 2019 to Human Resources, Rainforest Alliance Mexico; E-mail: email@example.com. use the following format in the subject line: first name and last name, job title of position you are applying for.