The Program Manager, Sustainable Agriculture, is responsible for developing and managing the Rainforest Alliance’s projects and programs in India and Sri Lanka. The position is responsible for ensuring that all the subgrants and direct projects are implemented in an effective and efficient manner. This includes delivering projects according to work plans and budgets, coordinating with field consultants and staff, identifying and overseeing the work of local partner organizations, and maintaining relationships with stakeholders in the corporate, government, donor and civil society sectors. The sustainable agriculture program works with small-scale producers and some large plantations, primarily in tea, coffee and spices. It promotes practices based on the Rainforest Alliance Sustainable Agriculture Standard. It further develops multi-stakeholder landscape-scale initiatives to improve land use management and rural livelihoods beyond the production units. The position will coordinate closely with the local India and Sri Lanka teams, as well as Rainforest Alliance’s international teams, such as Markets Transformation, Institutional relations and Communications.
- Oversee and lead the planning and implementation of projects in the field, identify and recruit partners and consultants as required and coordinate with Rainforest Alliance’s Country teams;
- Coordinate with other Rainforest Alliance global departments to ensure cohesion in the overall program execution; Work in co-ordination with the country finance and admin staff for financial oversight of the subgrantees/partners;
- Play key role in development of systems and mechanisms to ensure the successful implementation of the programs including subgrants. This includes being responsible for the quality of weekly updates, proposal and grants tracking system and ensuring that grant records are kept up to date;
- Adapt technical support tools for use by local technical assistance providers, farmers, and group administrators;
- Take responsibility for project deliverables, overseeing partners and consultants;
- Conduct pre-monitoring visits to assess the suitability of proposed projects and conduct assessments of partners.
- Conduct monitoring visits to assess the effectiveness of projects and financial progress, provide recommendations and find solutions where there are problems in implementation.
- Help design project frameworks with partners and stakeholders. Ensure that the projects funded meet set criteria and standards. Finally, assist with the closing of grants.
- Provide internal and external reports on project progress, performance against targets, and budgetary execution;
- Develop and maintain relations with key stakeholders to contribute to the growth and reputation of Rainforest Alliance’s work. Represent the Rainforest Alliance in appropriate events and platforms in India. Organize logistical support and host visits by companies, journalists and other stakeholders;
- In coordination with the Country Lead and international teams, monitor and evaluate the results and impact of the work for the use of project learning, communication, and fundraising;
- Support the Country Lead to identify new project opportunities and support in proposal writing and presenting new proposal to donors;
- Support the Country Lead to identify resources and needs required to further expand the Tea, Coffee and Spice program in the country.
Always use the online HTML Editor to compose the content for your website easily.
Commensurate with experience.
Please send your application (max. 1 page motivation, max 2 page resume) no later than 19 March 2019 to email@example.com mentioning first name and last name, job title of position in the subject line. For questions about this position, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.