The Project coordinator, DRC, will lead the Global Environment Facility (GEF) funded project entitled " Promoting the effective management of Salonga National Park by creating community forests and improving the well-being of local communities ". The project is implemented by the United Nation Environment Program (UNE) and Executed by the Ministry of Environment and Sustainable Development (MEDD), with support from Rainforest Alliance and Action d'Aide Sanitaire et de Développement aux plus Démunis (AASD) . The project aims to improve the protection of Salonga National Park’s biodiversity by reducing pressures on the Park’s wildlife, forests and habitats through community-based management of forests and the promotion of sustainable development alternatives to strengthen livelihoods in the Monkoto Corridor A field office will be established at Monkoto.
The Project Coordinator will ensure the project is successfully implemented. S/he guides and oversees AASD as well as other subgrantees and subcontractors to implement project activities. He/she manages relations to Salonga-based stakeholders and is accountable to the Project Director and the Steering Committee. Further s/he will be responsible for managing partnerships, sub grants and/or consulting agreements and lead meetings with key stakeholders on a package of strategic projects as well as coordinate field visits by other Rainforest Alliance (RA) members.
- Provide overall direction for technical, financial and administrative aspects of the project, in compliance with the procedures of UN Environment and RA;
- Draft and monitor annual Work Plans and Budgets;
- Build a cohesive project team;
- With support from the M&E Specialist, develop and regularly update a monitoring and evaluation system for the project linked to the project results framework and support the M&E internal and external project evaluations;
- Draft timely and high-quality project reports;
Management of project partners, subgrantees and subcontractors
- Oversee the drafting of quarterly work plans and budgets for AASD;
- Perform a quarterly technical review of field implementation activities;
- Orient and train AASD staff on project design, planning documents and contractual terms;
- Participate in the selection process of AASD’s project staff;
- Develop terms of reference of subgrantees and subcontractors, and oversee the selection process;
- Monitor and supervise activities and payments of other subgrantees and subcontractors;
(Local) Stakeholder relations management
- Support the Project Director in contributing to Salonga National Park’s planning and evaluation processes, and participate in periodic planning and coordination meetings;
- In collaboration with AASD, participate in meetings at the provincial, territory and sector levels such as coordination bodies for agriculture and rural development (CARG);
- Encourage the participation of women and indigenous people as per the project’s gender and intellectual property strategy;
Donor relations management
- Manage the relationship with UN Environment to its satisfaction and maintain a fluid communication;
Perform other related duties as required.
Commensurate with experience.
Only candidates authorized to work in DRC will be considered
The final decision to recruit is at the discretion of Rainforest Alliance, United Nation Environment Program and the Ministry of Environment and Sustainable Development
Send resume and cover letter to Rainforest Alliance. Email: Cameroonpersonnel@ra.org. Please, use the following format in the subject line: first name and last name, job title of position you are applying for.