The Rainforest Alliance is an international nonprofit organization working to build a future in which nature is protected and biodiversity flourishes, where farmers, workers, and communities prosper, and where sustainable land use and responsible business practices are the norm. We envision a world where people and nature thrive in harmony. In January 2018, the Rainforest Alliance merged with UTZ, a global program and label for sustainable farming.
The Sector Lead, Coffee will be responsible for defining clear sector plans and recommending impactful strategies for the coffee sector, toward the goal of sector transformation. As part of this, the sector lead, and other sector leads, will convene cross-functional teams drawn from relevant departments in order to co-create sector plans and facilitate alignment of these plans with individual department plans.
S/he will also manage a team of select global key account managers in the sector to identify and leverage concrete market opportunities that accelerate farm and forest impact. Sector leads will lead markets strategy with global multi-stakeholder platforms in their relevant sectors. The sector leads will drive sector strategies on behalf of markets and will work closely with other relevant departments such as Core Markets, Tailored Programs, Regions, Themes and Partnerships, Advocacy, and beyond.
- Convene and facilitate cross-functional working groups to build sector plans and recommend strategies to transform priority sectors;
- Identify opportunities with key global accounts and multi-stakeholder platforms to drive forward sector plans;
- Build and drive the sector strategy for markets;
- Position the Rainforest Alliance as a thought leader on sustainability in the sector and cultivate change agents within said sector;
- Work in close collaboration with internal teams to identify opportunities and priorities in the sector and align on department strategies;
- Oversee global account strategy for large transformative accounts in priority sectors to drive forward sector plans as well as work closely with Core Markets on other key accounts to drive forward sector plans
- Ensure the growth of demand for Rainforest Alliance sustainability offerings in the sector;
- Manage key sector stakeholders and platforms on behalf of the markets team; and
- Facilitate quarterly working group meetings cross-organizationally for the sector.
- Master’s degree in business administration, business economics, natural resource management, or related field;
- Minimum 10 years of experience within the business development; sustainable supply-chain field, with deep industry knowledge and awareness of coffee;
- Minimum 5 years of people management experience; including formal reporting and building and leading cross-functional project teams;
- Proven experience in successfully managing large strategic corporate accounts;
- Strategic and analytical thinker;
- Strong communication skills and gravitas to be able to serve as a spokesperson for the organization;
- Collaborative and solid record building and working in teams;
- Written and verbal proficiency in either French or Spanish highly desirable; and
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 30% of time.
Commensurate with experience.
Only candidates authorized to work in country of application will be considered.
Please apply online. Combine cover letter and resume as one single document and upload.