The Rainforest Alliance is an international nonprofit organization working to build a future in which nature is protected and biodiversity flourishes, where farmers, workers, and communities prosper, and where sustainable land use and responsible business practices are the norm. We envision a world where people and nature thrive in harmony. In January 2018, the Rainforest Alliance merged with UTZ, a global program and label for sustainable farming.
The Senior Associate, under the supervision of the Senior Manager, Individual Philanthropy, is responsible for the oversight and creation of major donor communications. This includes the creation of campaign emails and direct mail content, a quarterly donor newsletter, major donor reports, program fact sheets, and the year-end General Operating Support report. The Senior Associate is a core member of the Fundraising-Communications writing/editorial cross-departmental group, which is responsible as a group for ensuring that organizational communications, social media, membership messaging, and major donor messaging aligns and is mutually re-enforcing, and that mutual support is maximized.
- Execute a comprehensive and compelling major donor communications portfolio, and together with Communications colleagues, a streamlined approach to donor and constituent messaging;
- Develop and execute a strategy for major donor communications;
- Writes grant proposals and reports for major individual donors;
- Collaborate with program staff to develop content for major donor proposals and general solicitations;
- Guides Individual Philanthropy team on messaging;
- Work with Communications and Membership Teams to create consistent messaging and products;
- Work with Regional, Global Programs, and Communications staff to develop compelling content for solicitations and reports;
- Generate content for mailings and solicitations across the Individual Philanthropy and Membership groups;
- Create grant proposals and reports for major individual donors;
- Create quarterly donor newsletter;
- Produce Rainforest Alliance descriptive materials, including the General Operating Support annual report; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- College degree required;
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in fundraising communications and grant writing;
- Excellent writing, editing, and verbal communication skills; and
- Proven effectiveness in a team approach.
Commensurate with experience.
The Rainforest Alliance is an equal opportunity employer.
Please apply online. Combine cover letter and resume as one single document and upload.