At the Rainforest Alliance, we are building an alliance to create a better future for people and nature by making responsible business the new normal. To advance our mission, we focus on amplifying our impact on the ground through systemic transformation: change across the entire supply chain, change in the relationship between people and nature, and change within our own organization. We achieve this transformation by working in collaboration with a wide range of stakeholders to create a stronger Alliance. Together, we amplify the voices of farmers and forest communities, improve livelihoods, protect biodiversity, and help people adapt to climate change in bold and effective ways. We embrace transparency because we believe that the best way to build trust across our alliance is through openness about our tactics, our impact, and partners on the ground. Together, we can achieve our vision of a world where people and nature thrive in harmony.
The Senior Associate, under the supervision of the Director, Individual Philanthropy is responsible for the oversight and creation of major donor communications. This includes the creation of campaign email and direct mail content, a quarterly donor newsletter, major donor reports, program fact sheets and the year-end General Operating Support report. The Senior Associate is a core member of the Fundraising-Communications writing/editorial cross-departmental group, which is responsible as a group for ensuring that organizational communications, social media, Membership messaging and major donor messaging aligns and is mutually re-enforcing, and that mutual support is maximized.
- To execute a comprehensive and compelling major donor communications portfolio, and together with Communications colleagues, a streamlined approach to donor and constituent messaging.
- Works with program staff to develop content for major donor proposals and general solicitations.
- Guides Individual Philanthropy team on messaging.
- Works with Communications and Membership Teams to create consistent messaging and products.
- Works with Regional, Global Programs and Communications staff to develop compelling content for solicitations and reports.
- Develops and executes a strategy for major donor communications.
- Writes grant proposals and reports for major individual donors.
- Creates: 1) content for mailings and solicitations across the Individual Philanthropy and Membership groups; 2) grant proposals and reports for major individual donors; 3) quarterly donor newsletter; 4) Rainforest Alliance descriptive materials, including the General Operating Support annual report.
- College degree required;
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in fundraising communications and grant writing;
- Excellent writing, editing, and verbal communication skills; and
- Proven effectiveness in a team approach.
Commensurate with experience.
The Rainforest Alliance is an equal opportunity employer.
Please apply online. Combine cover letter and resume as one single document and upload.
Deadline is September 13th, 2019.