The Rainforest Alliance is an international nonprofit organization working to build a future in which nature is protected and biodiversity flourishes, where farmers, workers, and communities prosper, and where sustainable land use and responsible business practices are the norm. We envision a world where people and nature thrive in harmony. In January 2018, the Rainforest Alliance merged with UTZ, a global program and label for sustainable farming.
The Senior Manager, Individual Philanthropy, under the supervision of the Director, Individual Philanthropy, will be responsible for the supervision of the Individual Philanthropy team managing a portfolio of major donors with aim to directly increase Rainforest Alliance revenue. In addition to direct donor contacts, this includes coordination and guidance of Rainforest Alliance executives and their board to ensure quality management of the major donor portfolio, and supervising database management and upkeep, communications, newsletters, proposals, and reports for all major gifts and event contributions. This role will also directly supervise of the Special Events team.
- Working with the Director, Individual Philanthropy to develop and execute the Individual Philanthropy program;
- Manage a portfolio of major donors, including front-line fundraising;
- Ensure a cohesive and strategic Individual Philanthropy team;
- Develop relationships with the Board, Ambassadors circle, and major donors, playing a significant external representational role;
- Work closely with the Communications team and Donor Communications colleague(s) in messaging and campaign fundraisers;
- Works closely with the Special Events and the Markets teams to coordinate institutional approaches to donors with multiple institutional relationships;
- Develop Individual Philanthropy strategy and annual plans with the Director, Individual Philanthropy;
- Establish relationships with and solicit or work with Leadership Team and Board members to solicit a portfolio of major donors;
- Regular database review to assess needs and implement systems to record data effectively; analyze data each year to inform strategy; and
- Other duties assigned.
- College degree required;
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in individual philanthropy, including extensive contacts with donors;
- Minimum 4 years of managerial development;
- Excellent writing, editing, and verbal communication skills. Experienced, professional and comfortable with in-person, over the phone and electronic solicitations. Confident negotiation skills;
- Experience fundraising and managing of cultivation events; and
- 5 years’ experience with Development databases, preferably Salesforce.
Commensurate with experience.
The Rainforest Alliance is an equal opportunity employer.
Please apply online. Combine cover letter and resume as one single document and upload.