The Rainforest Alliance is an international nonprofit organization working to build a future in which nature is protected and biodiversity flourishes, where farmers, workers, and communities prosper, and where sustainable land use and responsible business practices are the norm. We envision a world where people and nature thrive in harmony. In January 2018, the Rainforest Alliance merged with UTZ, a global program and label for sustainable farming.
Implement or support evaluation and research projects related to the impacts of Rainforest Alliance’s certification programs and field projects. Synthesize evidence and develop communications products on the effects of Rainforest Alliance’s programs and related sustainability initiatives to help build awareness, promote effective program design and management within RA, and promote evidence-based decision-making by external stakeholders that favors sustainability outcomes. Contribute to the work of the Science & Impacts sub-unit to develop, implement, and support the RA-wide application of robust methods for monitoring, evaluation, research, and knowledge sharing.
- Advance the objectives and strategies of the Science & Impacts sub-unit to 1) evaluate impacts of RA’s programs; 2) conduct research that informs improvements in project design and delivery; 3) synthesize and disseminate evidence in compelling forms for internal and external audiences; and 4) support RA overall to generate and utilize science and evidence as an integral part of its mission delivery strategy.
- Conduct and support work to synthesize and communicate evidence for internal and external audiences.
- Implement or support specific research projects and studies.
- Work closely with the full Science & Impacts team to develop and execute the above-listed objectives and strategies in an integrated and efficient manner
- Manage and support the work of research partners and contractors with whom the Science & Impacts team collaborates
- Coordinate closely with other RA divisions engaged in communications and external relations to tailor and align evidence-related communications with RA’s overall strategy and priorities for communications, marketing, advocacy, and thought leadership
- Prepare specific synthesis and communications products, as indicated by the team’s overall communications and priorities strategy
- Implement and/or support specific research and synthesis projects
- Support the work of the Science & Impacts sub-unit overall, as assigned
- Master’s degree in agriculture, forestry, international development, social sciences, economics, ecology, natural resources management, or a related field;
- At least two years of work experience (before and/or after graduate training)
- Experience conducting monitoring, evaluation, or research studies, preferably related to agriculture, forestry, or rural development;
- Experience preparing reports, creating graphic presentations of data and information, and communicating complex ideas for both technical and non-technical audiences;
- Superior English writing and editing skills, including a high level of attention to detail;
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate with colleagues from diverse cultural backgrounds;
- Highly organized and self-motivated, with an ability to prioritize tasks and deliver high quality work products under strict deadlines;
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally approximately 15-25% of the time;
- Experience working in developing countries is a plus;
- Proficiency in Spanish or French is a plus.
Commensurate with experience.
Please apply online. Combine cover letter and resume into a one single document and upload.