Date: November 14-17, 2016
Location: Toronto, ON
Rainforest Alliance is holding a one-day Forest Stewardship Council® (FSC®) client workshop and three- day Forest Management Lead Auditor Training (FMLAT) during the week of November 14, 2016. Rainforest Alliance is an FSC accredited certifier.
The one-day FSC client workshop on the Monday is for FSC Forest Management (FM) certified clients and potential forestry businesses interested in understanding the FSC FM audit process. FSC Canada confirmed its participation and will present a brief update on FSC’s current projects, including the release of the new National Standard in 2017. See the proposed agenda below.
The three-day Forest Management Lead Auditor Training (FMLAT), on Tuesday through Thursday, will train and prepare professionals with the knowledge and skills necessary to become Forest Stewardship Council lead auditors for Forest Management (FM) operations. The FMLAT covers FSC FM systems and standards and includes both modules of the lead auditor training exam.
Who should attend?
Individuals new to forestry and wood products auditing will gain an in-depth understanding of FSC standards, auditing requirements and process for forest management operations. Forestry businesses and seasoned auditors, as well as those already involved in certification, will be able to enhance their auditing skills and deepen their understanding of the latest FM standards and systems.
Completion of the Forest Management Lead Auditor Training (FMLAT) meets the lead auditor ISO 19011 requirements, as well as FM training requirements for FSC evaluations. Note that completion of the FMLAT will not result in a standalone ISO certificate.
Center for Social Innovation
215 Spadina Avenue, Toronto, ON M5T 2C7
The FSC client workshop and FMLAT include full days of presentations, classroom exercises, and virtual field exercises. The FMLAT concludes with a written exam.
The proposed agenda below will be confirmed with participants prior to the event.
Day 1, November 14 – One-day FSC client Workshop
- Quick Intro and Update on FSC
- Audit Process
- Audit Preparation
- FSC Canada Presentation
Day 2, November 15 – Beginning of three-day FMLAT
- Intro to FSC
- FSC Principles & Criteria
- Auditor skills & qualifications
- Managing and conducting an audit
- Evaluating conformance
Day 3, November 16 - FMLAT
- FM evaluation process
- FM assessment process & report
- Stakeholder consultation
- High Conservation Value Forests
Day 4, November 17 – Last day of FMLAT and exam
- FM/CoC and FM only track: CoC requirements for forest managers, virtual field exercise
- FM Lead Auditor Training Exam
Cost per participant
RA FSC clients
- 4 days, including client workshop and FMLAT: 1150 CAD + applicable taxes
- One-day FSC client workshop on Monday: 250 CAD + applicable taxes
- FMLAT Tuesday to Thursday: 1050 CAD + applicable taxes
- 4 days, including client workshop and FMLAT: 1450 CAD + applicable taxes
- One-day FSC client workshop on Monday: 325 CAD + applicable taxes
- FMLAT Tuesday to Thursday: 1275 CAD + applicable taxes
All fees include related course materials (printed and electronic) and lunch and snacks for each day. Travel, parking and accommodations are not included.
For more information and to register:
Please contact Yves Bouthillier email@example.com, (438) 830-2434