Hotel Manatus is in the Tortuguero region of Costa Rica’s Limon province on the Caribbean coast. Tortuguero is one of the most biodiverse areas in the country, with 11 habitats ranging from tropical rainforest to a network of waterways and swamps. The hotel is located between a canal, across from the village of Tortuguero, with the Caribbean Sea on its other side. Tortuguero is also considered the most important nesting site in the western Caribbean for green turtles (Chelonia mydas) and other species that come to lay their eggs on its shores each year.
Hotel Manatus has 12 fully-equipped luxury rooms, all of which feature:
- Luxury finishes
- Cable TV
- Private terrace
- Mini bar
- Two queen-size beds
- Private outdoor solar shower
- Hand-painted bathrooms
Making a Difference:
|Number of Employees:||
|Percentage of local employees:||
Hotel Manatus has:
- A recycling program that coordinates with the village recycling plant.
- LED lighting.
- Time controls on the water tanks for the rooms.
- We are the only local hotel that uses electric boat motors for our tours.
- A private two-hectare reserve to help conserve our tropical rainforest.