Sunscape Dorado Pacifico is located in Ixtapa, part of the Costa Grande region on Mexico’s southwest Pacific coast. Ixtapa is a city that began to develop in the early seventies and today is a world-class tourist destination. This beautiful port has six beaches, including El Palmar beach in the heart of Ixtapa, where Sunscape Dorado Pacifico Ixtapa lies.
Rooms: 285 newly renovated rooms decorated with onyx, wicker, and marble that include king or two double beds, a balcony with partial or beachfront views, and air conditioning with a thermostat in each room. A minibar is replenished daily on request with water, beer, soft drinks and juices, and a coffee kit. Coffeepot, teapot, LCD TV with cable, direct dial telephone, safe, bathroom amenities, and internet access are all available. All of our rooms are non-smoking.
Making a Difference:
|Number of employees||125|
|Percentage of local employees||95|
Sustainability is very important to our company and for our community, and we have implemented various procedures and carry out activities both inside and outside the hotel to help us achieve our goals:
- We emphasize the use of recyclable products such as paper, cardboard, and plastics.
- Our gardens are watered only with treated water.
- We encourage guests to visit archaeological sites, eco-friendly restaurants such as La Escollera, the local church, and the handicraft markets.
- We ask that our guests not mistreat or feed the animals that live at the hotel.
- Donations are given to local schools and the children’s home in Talita Cumi.
- Our beaches are kept clean to maintain their certifications.
- We provide artisans a space to sell their goods at our theme nights.
- We implement tourist security programs and train all our staff in accident prevention and management.
- We buy locally-produced goods such as the coffee we use in our restaurants, which comes from Atoyac, Guerrero.