25th Anniversary Eco-Trip -- Kenya
The Rainforest Alliance’s 2012 Eco-Trip to Kenya is a unique opportunity to experience the benefits of sustainable farm management practices on the ground while experiencing the natural beauty of the breathtaking Kenyan savannah. From Kenya’s capital city of Nairobi to the Great Rift Valley, participants will meet with local farmers to learn first-hand the positive environmental, social and economic impacts of implementing sustainable best practices. Visits to small-holder coffee, flower and tea farms and a stay at Unilever’s expansive Kericho Tea Estate will illustrate the wide range of business models that can benefit from Rainforest Alliance certification -- each working to create a healthier world for people and planet. The trip culminates with a once in a lifetime visit to the Maasai Mara reserve where participants will find themselves in the midst of Africa’s array of life as herds cross the plains on their annual Great Migration.
Please take a few moments to review the below materials, which include important visa and vaccination information, as well as interesting Kenya and Rainforest Alliance factsheets and overviews.
Rainforest Alliance Resources
- Rainforest Alliance Overview
- Rainforest Alliance: Theory of Change
- Rainforest Alliance Africa Overview
Kenya Crop and Farm Profiles
- Rainforest Alliance Tea
- Rainforest Alliance Flowers
- Rainforest Alliance Coffee
- Unilever Tea Kenya Redefines “Green” Tea
- Rainforest Alliance Agriculture Program Overview
- Rainforest Alliance Forestry Program Overview
- Rainforest Alliance Tourism Program Overview
- Rainforest Alliance Climate Friendly Farming Practices Overview
- Rainforest Alliance Education Program Overview
For additional information, please contact Diana Van Der Jagt at 646-452-1987 or email@example.com.