Supply Chain Analysis and Assistance
The Rainforest Alliance provides customized services to companies, governments and organizations that want to improve their forest-product purchasing practices and establish a legal, traceable and sustainable supply chain.
Through our SmartSource program, we help businesses analyze their supply chain, better understand their sourcing risks and develop solutions to address their specific challenges. As a result, companies can establish a responsible purchasing program that eliminates illegal and controversial sources and enables procurement of credibly-certified timber products.
Businesses that purchase a variety of wood products from many suppliers, and rely on those suppliers to provide forest product source information to identify associated risks, will benefit from the following services:
SmartSource Legality Assessment and Monitoring
SmartSource Sustainable Sourcing Program
This comprehensive sustainable sourcing program helps companies go beyond legal compliance to fulfill a significant, long-term commitment to responsible sourcing and obtain market recognition for these achievements. This program enables companies to meet legislative requirements for Legality, but also to position themselves as leaders in sustainable sourcing. Program participants have access to premier tools, consultation and service. Learn more about Sustainable Sourcing.
Smart Businesses Choose SmartSource Because of Our...
- Expertise. Our tools and systems have been developed by forest certification and legality experts.
- Credibility. By collaborating with a reputable, independent nonprofit conservation organization, which operates with transparency, you can more effectively communicate the credibility of your sustainability efforts.
- Global reach. The Rainforest Alliance is the largest FSC-accredited certifier, having certified nearly 100 million acres (over 60 million hectares) of forestland in 70 countries and issued more than 3,000 FSC Chain-of-Custody (CoC) certificates.
- Experience. The Rainforest Alliance helped found the FSC in 1993 and has been working with the world's most innovative businesses on sustainable sourcing for over 20 years, including:
- Marks & Spencer
- Century Furniture
The Coca Cola
- Knoll, Inc.
- United Kingdom Timber Trade Federation
- Martin Guitar
- ABC Home Furnishings, Inc.
- Jensen Leisure Furniture
- Anderson Hardwood Floors
- Ben & Jerry's
- LL Bean