The Rainforest Alliance is an international nonprofit organization that works to conserve biodiversity and ensure sustainable livelihoods by transforming land-use practices, business practices and consumer behavior. Based in New York City, with offices throughout the United States and worldwide, the Rainforest Alliance works with people whose livelihoods depend on the land, helping them transform the way they grow food, harvest wood and host travelers. For more information, please visit http://www.rainforest-alliance.org/about.
The Administrative Coordinator will be responsible for providing administrative and operational support to the Rainforest Alliance office in Guatemala.
- Support administration of Guatemala office such as processing office-related payment requests, ordering office supplies, and coordinating office logistics;
- Maintain supply of electronic and hardcopy promotional material e.g. annual reports;
- Update the inventory of Guatemala's office as well as keeping up-to-date cards responsibility;
- Provide support to the Guatemala staff with scheduling events and activities and making sure their calendars are updated weekly;
- Provide support in the organization and coordination of events, workshops, trips and meetings, including but not limited to: evaluating proposals, coordinating itineraries, etc.;
- Facilitate monthly staff meetings and other local meetings, providing logistical support to visiting staff members;
- Coordinate the procurement processes for Guatemala office, including vendor contact, analysis of quotes and processing payments in accordance with the donor requirements when applicable and according to Rainforest Alliance policies;
- Maintain the supply of promotional material;
- Appropriate filing of digital and physical files relevant to the Guatemala Office, such as: Accounting files, technical files, contracts, consultancy information, etc.;
- Supervise the work of the cleaning personnel;
- Coordinate all matters related to security in the entry of visits, vendors, partners, etc.;
- Provide support in the purchasing of airline tickets and coordinate car rentals, insuring the best service and rate from providers;
- Responsible control of vehicles owned by Rainforest Alliance;
- Provide support in designing and maintaining an updated emergency plan for all employees;
- Support in designing and maintaining an updated map of risks of the building;
- Assist with office layout, remodeling and work stations;
- Identify all different types of office safety and security risks and propose solutions of alternatives to the manager to correct them;
- Coordinate preparation of events such as fire drills, first Aids courses, point of contact, evacuation and rescue procedures within the building;
- Translation of documents Spanish-English and English-Spanish;
- Petty cash management; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- BA, BS or equivalent Degree in Business Administration or related fields;
- Minimum 2 years administrative and operational work experience;
- Experience in a not-for-profit and international environment preferred;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office;
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills;
- Written and verbal proficiency in English preferred;
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to work independently as well as in a team environment, ability to assess and manage priorities in a time sensitive manner and multi-task with strong attention to detail;
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to interact culturally, linguistically, and diplomatically with diverse internal and external individuals;
- Excellent customer service skills;
- Ability to take initiative and problem-solve; and
- Flexibility and ability to work in a busy environment.
Commensurate with experience.
Only candidates authorized to work in Guatemala will be considered.
Send resume, cover letter and salary history to Human Resources, Rainforest Alliance, 8 Avenida 15-62, zona 10, Ciudad Guatemala, Guatemala 01010. Email: email@example.com. If emailing, use the following format in the subject line: first name and last name, job title of position you are applying for.
The Rainforest Alliance is an equal opportunity employer.