Coordinator, Government & Multilateral Grants -- Development
The Rainforest Alliance is an international nonprofit organization that works to conserve biodiversity and ensure sustainable livelihoods by transforming land-use practices, business practices and consumer behavior. Based in New York City, with offices throughout the United States and worldwide, the Rainforest Alliance works with people whose livelihoods depend on the land, helping them transform the way they grow food, harvest wood and host travelers.
The Coordinator, Government & Multilateral Grants will be responsible for developing proposals, concept papers, and reports for government and multilateral agencies, and coordinating their timely submission. S/he will keep abreast of government and multilateral programs and funding opportunities globally, research potential grant opportunities, and help develop donor strategies. S/he will also interface with program and administrative staff to vet opportunities and gather high-quality programmatic, financial, and compliance information for grant applications. This position will also provide support to program and other Development staff in meetings, negotiations and interactions with government and multilateral donors worldwide.
- Write, adapt and edit proposals, letters and concept papers for existing and new international field projects and programs;
- Research and keep apprised of multilateral and government funding programs and opportunities in the international development, poverty alleviation and environmental conservation arena;
- Assist Senior Manager with overall strategy on government and multilateral funding, focusing on diversifying our funding sources;
- Support Development and Program staff in meeting preparation and scheduling process, including creating detailed profiles, writing follow-up memos, and tracking follow-up tasks;
- Participate in telephone and in-person donor meetings when appropriate;
- Provide backup support with administrative tasks on an as needed basis, such as when large proposals require complex attachments or supporting paperwork; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s Degree a plus;
- Minimum 2 years of experience in fundraising or international development, with experience writing professional documents for external audiences;
- Excellent writing and editing skills, with proposal writing experience required;
- Knowledge of/experience with government and multilateral funding mechanisms, and/or working in an international environment highly preferred;
- Written and verbal proficiency in Spanish preferred, additional language skills a plus;
- Self-motivated, resourceful, detail-oriented, dependable, with keen attention to detail;
- Strong organizational skills to manage multiple priorities and deadlines in a time sensitive manner;
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to interact culturally, linguistically, and diplomatically with diverse internal and external individuals; and
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint.
Commensurate with experience. Competitive benefits package provided.
Send resume, cover letter and salary history to Human Resources, Rainforest Alliance, 233 Broadway, Floor 28, New York, NY 10279; Fax: 212-677-2187; Email: Personnel@ra.org. If emailing, use the following format in the subject line: first name and last name, job title and position you are applying for.
The Rainforest Alliance is an equal opportunity employer.