Director, Knowledge Management & Information Technology -- Finance & Administration
The Rainforest Alliance is an international nonprofit organization that works to conserve biodiversity and ensure sustainable livelihoods by transforming land-use practices, business practices and consumer behavior. Based in New York City, with offices throughout the United States and worldwide,the Rainforest Alliance works with people whose livelihoods depend on the land, helping them transform the way they grow food, harvest wood and host travelers.
The Director of Knowledge Management & Information Technology helps the organization achieve its strategic goals by planning, managing and implementing the priorities and activities of knowledge management and information technology. This includes identifying opportunities where efficiency and effectiveness can be improved and where core business functions and the social interactions with customers, partners, and within the organization itself can be combined. Rainforest Alliance is committed to leveraging cloud computing and external resources where possible, while maintaining essential and/or cost-effective internal assets as needed.
- Determine the vision, annual work-plan and longer-range goals of the Knowledge Management & Information Technology (KMIT) unit consistent with Rainforest Alliance’s knowledge management and IT strategic objectives and in consultation with the VP, Finance & Administration/CFO;
- Responsible for the implementation and execution of these plans, including budgeting, personnel management, vendor relationships and infrastructure acquisition and support;
- Advise senior management on options for using technology effectively with an eye towards future trends and cost effectiveness;
- Manage the review, identification and selection of key enterprise systems: client relationship management, evaluation & research, financial, etc. and ensure systems are fully integrated;
- Oversee the development, implementation and maintenance of organizational enterprise-scale projects and manage client expectations throughout the project regarding scope, budget, billing, schedules and timeframes;
- Work with Rainforest Alliance staff to support and promote the use of collaborative tools and business intelligence software to enhance and improve communication and sharing of information among internal teams and with external partners;
- Ensure continuity of computer services by providing necessary contingencies for disaster recovery and appropriate levels of redundancy. Work with the VP, Finance & Administration/CFO to make business-based trade-offs that are appropriate for the risks and the costs incurred;
- Ensure that policies and procedures appropriate to proprietary and confidential systems (e.g. financial and regulatory databases) are in place, and that responsibilities and access are defined in simple, transparent terms to meet the business needs of the organization;
- Recommend, review and approve KMIT procurement guidelines;
- Support knowledge and IT management needs of field offices in the United States, South America, Africa and Asia; and
- Oversee IT security and risk management and make security recommendations based on cost-benefit analysis.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Information Technology, or related field required; master’s degree highly preferred;
- 10 years professional experience in Information Technology management, strategy and planning, and knowledge management;
- Strong interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills are required;
- Demonstrated program management, problem solving, analytic, financial, and evaluative skills;
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with others;
- Attention to detail and ability to effectively and efficiently perform multiple tasks and balance competing priorities within a required timeframe;
- Must be able to respond and adapt quickly to changing requirements and competing demands;
- Ability to work in a multicultural, diverse, and highly performance-driven environment;
- Ability to travel internationally and domestically; and
- Written and verbal language proficiency in Spanish a plus.
Commensurate with experience. Competitive benefits package provided.
Send resume, cover letter and salary history to Human Resources, Rainforest Alliance, 233 Broadway, 28th Floor,New York, NY 10279; Fax:212-677-2187; Email: Personnel@ra.org. If emailing, use the following format in the subject line: firstname and lastname, job title of position you are applying for.
The Rainforest Alliance is an equal opportunity employer.