Forest Management Certification & Verification Coordinator, Asia-Pacific -- RA-Cert Division
The Rainforest Alliance is an international nonprofit organization that works to conserve biodiversity and ensure sustainable livelihoods by transforming land-use practices, business practices and consumer behavior. Based in New York City, with offices throughout the United States and worldwide, the Rainforest Alliance works with people whose livelihoods depend on the land, helping them transform the way they grow food, harvest wood and host travelers.
RA-Cert, a division of the Rainforest Alliance, supports the organization’s mission by delivering sustainability auditing, verification, validation and certification services based on the best available global standards. RA-Cert conducts its work with the highest integrity, transparency and quality in order to generate positive economic, ecological and social benefits for our clients and worldwide.
The Forest Management (FM) Certification & Verification Coordinator will be responsible for providing FM certification and verification service, including but not limited to FSC, FM, Controlled Wood, and Legality Verification, as well as supporting the sale and development of services to clients in the Asia-Pacific region, with a primary focus on Indonesia and Papua New Guinea. S/he will also provide support to the local RA-Cert staff in managing all RA-Cert FM clients in the region.
- Provide direct support and follow-up for FM and verification services policy, processes, and handling inquiries from potential and current clients in Indonesia, Malaysia and Papua New Guinea as well as provide support for others within the Asia Pacific region;
- Assist local staff in carrying out Verification Services, including scheduling FM verification services assessments and audits and hiring consultants;
- Assist Regional Manager and local staff with final certification contracting, suspensions and/or terminations;
- Perform certification task management functions for FM certification and verification services work;
- Receive and follow-up on FM applications for certification;
- Conduct on-site FM and verification services assessments and audits as necessary;
- Draft reports for assessments and audits performed, deliver reports to clients if necessary;
- Write and present budgets to FM clients for assessments and audits;
- Record and track all assigned FM and verification services tasks from service agreement through final report review;
- Identify ways to improve the quality, efficiency and effectiveness of the FM and verification services in the region within the context of FSC requirements and program goals and objectives;
- Assist in the development of materials and programs to train consultants to perform assessments and audits as requested;
- Support the development and launch of new products and services (e.g., SmartStep, Controlled Wood);
- Assist in field testing of new products and further develop new FM products; and
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Degree in Forestry, Natural Resource Management or related field required; Advanced degree preferred;
- At minimum of 2 years experience in forestry (FSC certification) or related field. Previous auditing experience under forestry certification scheme / environmental management system / ISO training for Lead Auditor is preferred;
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and general working knowledge of the Internet and web-based skills);
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English, TOEFL score record of 500 preferred;
- Creative, energetic with outstanding interpersonal skills, ability to relate to relevant stakeholders, NGOs and companies across various cultures; Strong organizational skills with high level of attention to detail; Ability to work independently and part of a team; and
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 30 percent.
Commensurate with experience.
Only candidates authorized to work in Indonesia will be considered.
Send resume, cover letter and salary history to Human Resources, Rainforest Alliance, Jl. Ciung Wanara No. 1 X, Renon, Denpasar 80225, Bali, Indonesia; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. If emailing, use the following format in the subject line: first name and last name, job title of position you are applying for.
The Rainforest Alliance is an equal opportunity employer.