The Rainforest Alliance is an international nonprofit organization that works to conserve biodiversity and ensure sustainable livelihoods by transforming land-use practices, business practices and consumer behavior. Based in New York City, with offices throughout the United States and worldwide, the Rainforest Alliance works with people whose livelihoods depend on the land, helping them transform the way they grow food, harvest wood and host travelers. For more information, please visit http://www.rainforest-alliance.org/about.
The Fundraising Copywriter will be responsible for developing messaging appropriate for the development department’s various individual giving audiences. S/he will draft fundraising copy for written and visual materials including letters, mail packages, emails, webpages and social media.
- Develop membership team’s content strategy and manage content calendar;
- Conceptualize, research and draft fundraising copy for letters, mail packages, emails, webpages and social media, including solicitations, stewardship pieces and acknowledgements;
- Work with unit and program staff to identify new stories and information;
- Propose design layouts for mail packages, emails and webpages;
- Identify and develop messaging strategies for existing and new audience segments;
- Develop copy variations for A/B testing;
- Edit other written materials, including proposals and reports, to ensure accuracy of information and detect errors in spelling, punctuation, grammar and syntax;
- Assist in the analysis and reporting of results; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism or a related field;
- Minimum 4 years of experience in professional work environment;
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in fundraising communications and professional copywriting. Proven experience with writing copy for fundraising materials is required;
- Strong sense of design and experience working with designers;
- Proven track record in strategic communications work;
- Strong project management and organizational skills;
- Demonstrated interest in conservation, corporate responsibility and/or international development issues;
- Superior written, verbal, organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills;
- Flexibility and willingness to work independently on a wide range of tasks and projects; and
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks and work efficiently in a fast-paced environment;
Commensurate with experience. Competitive benefits package provided.
Please apply online at https://home.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=12854771. Combine cover letter and resume as one single document and upload.
The Rainforest Alliance is an equal opportunity employer.