Institutional Giving Intern
The Rainforest Alliance’s Institutional Giving team raises funds from private foundations, corporations, government and multilateral agencies with the goal of supporting programmatic efforts to conserve biodiversity and ensure sustainable livelihoods. This department seeks a motivated intern who is interested in learning more about the fundraising process of an international NGO.
The intern will support and participate within the institutional giving department by gaining exposure to fundraising practices as well as sustainable development work in agriculture, forestry, tourism and climate change fields. Intern(s) will receive instruction and participate in the following activities:
- Research leading foundation, corporate, government, and multilateral organizations in the environmental and sustainable development fields;
- Research third-party reports and studies in sustainable development to support the proposal writing process; and
- Training and exposure in fundraising and proposal writing best practices.
- Ideal for undergraduate or graduate students in good academic standing;
- Self-starter, resourceful and detail-oriented individual with great communications skills needed;
- Sound research skills, adeptness with internet and Microsoft office, and ability to interact professionally required;
- Spanish, French or other foreign language proficiency required; and
- Interest in the environment or sustainable development preferred.
Unpaid. Academic credit is available.
Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
The Rainforest Alliance is an equal opportunity employer.