Institutional Giving Intern
The Rainforest Alliance’s Institutional Giving team raises funds from foundations, corporations, and government and multilateral agencies with the goal of supporting programmatic efforts to conserve biodiversity and ensure sustainable livelihoods. This department seeks a motivated intern who is interested in learning more about the fundraising process of an international NGO. The intern will also support the institutional giving team’s efforts to build knowledge and resources on gender and youth integration.
The intern will support and participate within the institutional giving department by gaining exposure to fundraising practices as well as sustainable development work in agriculture, forestry, tourism and climate change fields. The intern will receive instruction and participate in the following activities:
- Research leading foundation, corporate, government, and multilateral organizations in the environmental and sustainable development fields.
- Research third-party reports and studies in sustainable development, gender and youth inclusion to support the proposal writing process.
- Training and exposure in fundraising and proposal writing best practices.
- Ideal for undergraduate or graduate students in good academic standing;
- Self-starter, resourceful and detail-oriented individual with great communications skills needed;
- Sound research skills, adeptness with internet and Microsoft office, and ability to interact professionally required;
- Interest or experience in graphic design preferred;
- Spanish, French or other foreign language skills preferred.
Interest in the environment or sustainable development preferred.
Time Commit and Other Requirements:
3 Months. 10-15 Hours per week.
This is an unpaid internship. Employment after internship completion is not guaranteed. However, course credit and work-study may be available for undergraduate and graduate students.
Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Rainforest Alliance is an equal opportunity employer.