Market Linkage Specialist II -- CNCG, TREES
The Rainforest Alliance is an international nonprofit organization that works to conserve biodiversity and ensure sustainable livelihoods by transforming land-use practices, business practices and consumer behavior. Based in New York City, with offices throughout the United States and worldwide, the Rainforest Alliance works with people whose livelihoods depend on the land, helping them transform the way they grow food, harvest wood and host travelers.
Climate, Nature and Communities in Guatemala (CNCG) will assist in the development of a process to mitigate the impacts of climate change in Guatemala -- improving management of natural resources and conservation of biodiversity, building institutional and technical capacity, and strengthening the policy and legal framework necessary for the country to respond to climate change. The project will strengthen the capacity of local organizations to address biodiversity, forest conservation and sustainable land management and address issues related to food security, adaptation, environmental certification, income-generating opportunities, and low emissions development strategies.
The Market Linkage Specialist II will develop and maintain market information for Timber and Non-Timber Products and Environmental Services for the TREES Program Regional Markets Strategy (2011-2015) in Guatemala. S/he will provide support to the key CNCG activities. S/he will update the markets database and strengthen commercial alliances and market participation with environmental services, forest timber and non-timber products from Community Based Organizations (CBOs) and/or Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) from Petén, Verapaces Region and Western Highlands where CNCG and other TREES projects work. S/he will also support CNCG Objectives 1 and 2 with commercial and business information.
- Follow up on all commercial agreements with commercial alliance firms for timber & non-timber products, and environmental services from the CNCG activities;
- Develop and maintain a Responsible Purchasing Toolkit for CNCG´s CBOs/SMEs and partners as part of the demand information functions;
- Maintain and update of Market Information Unit Data Base;
- Enforce the Business Intelligence Toolkit and prepare monthly commercial reports for CNCG clients including major consumers, buyers, and related commercial transactions;
- Enforce the sales monitoring toolkit and manage the customer guide to promote forest products and services;
- Develop and maintain a Market Enterprises and Business Portfolio for timber & non-timber products and environmental services with emphasis in certified and/or processed products;
- Contribute and support on all required reports (weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual); and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Business Marketing or Commerce, Economics, Business Administration or Industrial Engineering degree or related fields;
- 5 – 7 years demonstrated experience in product commercialization and sales; desirable a market development, marketing and commercialization of forestry or related products or related SMEs;
- Strong language (reading, writing and verbal) skills in both Spanish and English;
- Ability to adapt to multi-cultural situations;
- Strong computer skills (MS-Office);
- Willingness and ability to travel in at least 30% of the time.
Commensurate with experience.
Only candidates authorized to work in Guatemala will be considered.
Send resume, cover letter and salary history to Human Resources, Rainforest Alliance, 8 Avenida 15-62, zona 10, Ciudad Guatemala, Guatemala 01010. Fax: (502) 2383-5777; E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. If emailing, use the following format in the subject line: first name and last name, job title of position you are applying for.
The Rainforest Alliance is an equal opportunity employer.