Systems Analyst, Sustainable Agriculture Network
The Rainforest Alliance is an international nonprofit organization that works to conserve biodiversity and ensure sustainable livelihoods by transforming land-use practices, business practices and consumer behavior. The Rainforest Alliance works with people whose livelihoods depend on the land, helping them transform the way they grow food, harvest wood and host travelers.
As a member and secretariat of the Sustainable Agriculture Network (SAN) -- an international coalition of leading conservation organizations -- the Rainforest Alliance’s Sustainable Agriculture works with farmers to ensure compliance with the SAN standards for protecting wildlife, ecosystems, workers’ rights, and promoting the well-being of farmers, their families and communities. Farms that meet the SAN’s rigorous environmental, social and economic standards are awarded the Rainforest Alliance Certified™ seal. The SAN standards are applied by producers of major commodity crops (including bananas, pineapple, coffee, cocoa, tea, citrus and flowers) that profoundly affect the economies, environments, cultures and politics of tropical countries. Today more than 350,000 farms in 30 countries are certified and Rainforest Alliance Certified products are widely available in mainstream markets.
The Systems Analyst, SAN, will provide guidance and support for the planning, building and updating of Information Technology (IT) platforms that fulfill the multiple data and customer service needs of the growing SAN network. The position will serve as a champion for data management solutions and best practice adoption in the system and focus largely on the continued development and improvement of the SAN Certificate Database. S/he will support the Operations Manager in evaluating the best solutions and enhancements for this database so that it fulfills its role as the backbone for the SAN Quality System and the certification program’s operational integrity and credibility. This position will also engage with key partner organizations and potential vendors to maintain or develop new solutions for SAN’s information management needs including the SAN Certificate Database, intranet, online community, and a stakeholder outreach platform for public consultations. This position will provide ongoing support and training for implemented solutions and proactively recommend ideas for improved SAN information management.
Systems Analysis & Solution Identification
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with SAN staff, Rainforest Alliance, certification bodies, and partner organization staff to analyze information needs and functional requirements;
- Analyze and deliver certification process data flows and reporting tools to support the SAN Quality System; and
- Provide research, direction and assistance to the SAN Secretariat units in the selection and implementation of new or improved IT products and solutions.
Platform Solutions Implementation and Integration
- Lead the evaluation, planning and requirements development for improvements of existing data management systems based on current SAN standards and policies;
- Serve as the coordinator responsible for key projects supporting the development of new systems or the migration of existing systems, including liaising with vendors, coordination of staff input, and management of milestone timelines;
- Proactively develop SAN Certificate Database dynamic reporting tools for certification system stakeholders, and facilitate their adoption among end users through regular training and follow up; and
- Facilitate the integration process between SAN information management platforms and end users, including training materials development and training activities for end users.
- Serve as key liaison with Rainforest Alliance´s program and IT staff to ensure that the SAN Certificate Database interacts seamlessly with Rainforest Alliance data systems for the day-to-day operations of product traceability systems and other related systems;
- Develop guidelines, data requirements, database testing and use protocols and documentation as needed for systems implementation and adoption;
- Coordinate the development of a SAN data policy and ensure harmonization in collaboration with other staff and partners, as needed;
- Provide maintenance for existing IT platforms used by SAN staff and partners, including periodic updates and enhancements;
- Provide technical support to SAN staff and certification bodies on existing IT platforms;
- Serve as the SAN administrator for IT systems and liaise with Rainforest Alliance on any IT related topics; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Information Technology, Computer Science, Computer engineering or related field) required;
- Minimum of 4 years of professional and relevant work experience;
- 1-3 years business analysis and database solutions development experience, including training and customer service;
- 1-3 years demonstrated experience with Salesforce data management platform or similar platform required;
- Strong English and Spanish verbal and written communication skills;
- Working knowledge of, and demonstrated experience in managing software development life cycles;
- Exceptional communication, motivation, presentation & training skills;
- Proactive work attitude and ability to take initiative; the ideal candidate will be self-directed and highly motivated;
- Experience with outsourced vendor management;
- Strong planning, analytical, and project management skills, with ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously while adhering to deadlines;
- Collaborative and energetic work style, superior people skills and ability to motivate others;
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 10% internationally.
- Project Management Professional certification a plus; and
- Experience with cloud based solutions a plus;
Commensurate with experience.
Send resume, cover letter and salary history to Human Resources, Rainforest Alliance, P.O. Box 11029-1000, San Jose, Costa Rica; fax:(506) 234-8916 email: email@example.com.
The Rainforest Alliance is an equal opportunity employer.