The Rainforest Alliance’s iconic green frog will be well-represented at Natural Products Expo West, the nation’s largest tradeshow in natural, organic and healthy products. Thirteen companies attending this year’s tradeshow are launching new products featuring the Rainforest Alliance Certified™ seal, an indication of an increase in company commitment to sustainable sourcing.
“These new product launches reflect growing recognition of Rainforest Alliance certification as an important tool that enables companies to ensure sustainable production of agricultural goods,” said Alex Morgan, senior manager of sustainable agriculture at the Rainforest Alliance. “By sourcing goods from Rainforest Alliance Certified farms, companies can support sustainable agriculture while also ensuring the long-term viability of supply chains.”
- Amy’s Organic Kitchen will launch Amy’s Gluten Free Brownies, made with cocoa from Rainforest Alliance Certified farms. Consumers can find the brownies featuring the green frog seal in in Whole Foods stores nationwide in mid-March 2013.
- Balance Bar® announced the launch of three new flavors made with 100 percent cocoa from Rainforest Alliance Certified farms: Dark Chocolate Crunch, Dark Chocolate Coconut and Dark Chocolate Peanut. These bars featuring the green frog seal are available online at ShopBalance.com and in select retailers now, and in stores nationwide this spring.
- Bissinger's Handcrafted Chocolatier announced the launch of three new bars featuring the Rainforest Alliance Certified green frog seal: Banana Pecan Caramel Bar, Coconut Caramel with Red Hawaiian Sea Salt Bar and Dulce de Leche with Sea Salt Bar. All bars are made using 100 percent cocoa from Rainforest Alliance Certified farms.
- Clif Bar & Company will launch a new flavor of CLIF Bar -- Clif Bar Sierra Trail Mix -- made using 100 percent of cocoa ingredients from Rainforest Alliance Certified farms. This new flavor, featuring the frog seal, will appear in retail stores nationwide in June 2013.
- Endangered Species Chocolate announced the launch of two new natural chocolate bars featuring cocoa from Rainforest Alliance Certified farms: Dark Chocolate with Sea Salt and Almonds and Dark Chocolate with Cherries. Consumers can find these new bars featuring the seal in March 2013.
- Justin’s has launched Organic Peanut Butter Cup Singles in milk and dark chocolate, featuring cocoa from Rainforest Alliance Certified farms. Consumers can find Organic Peanut Butter cups nationwide in Whole Foods, Target, Sprouts, Wegman’s and other retail stores.
- NibMor announced that it will expand its current offering of chocolates featuring the Rainforest Alliance Certified green frog seal with the addition of Mint Bar, featuring 72 percent cocoa content sourced from Rainforest Alliance Certified farms.
- The Republic of Tea announced the launch of a new Moringa tea featuring the green frog seal, which is the first in the company's line of SuperHerb teas. This blend boasts healing properties from the leaves of the moringa oleifera. Made using green rooibos from Rainforest Alliance Certified farms, this blend can be found online and in stores nationwide. In addition, the company launched its Limón Black Iced Tea, containing fine black teas from Rainforest Alliance Certified tea gardens.
- Salazon Chocolate Co. announced that it will expand its line of salted-chocolate bars featuring the Rainforest Alliance Certified green frog seal with the launch of its new Organic Dark Chocolate with a Sea Salt & a Touch of Organic Caramel bar. Made with 57 percent, single-origin cocoa from Rainforest Alliance Certified farms in the Dominican Republic, these bars will be available in select Whole Foods Markets and other natural food stores.
- Seth Ellis Chocolatier announced the re-launch of Sun Cups, a line of chocolate cups that come in four different flavors, including milk and dark chocolate sunflower butter cups, mint cups, and caramel cups. The line is gluten-free and nut-free, and made using cocoa from Rainforest Alliance Certified farms.
- Scharffen Berger Chocolate Maker announced the launch of a new Chocolate Maker’s Series Bar made with cocoa beans from Rainforest Alliance Certified farms in San Juan de Cheni, Peru. Consumers can find these bars featuring the green frog seal online and at select specialty retailers.
- Teatulia Organic Teas announced the launch of their Organic Round Teabag Collection, a line of organic teas featuring the green frog seal that come in five different varieties including black, green, earl grey, lemongrass and the brand new variety of jasmine green. 100 percent of all teas sourced or grown by Teatulia come from Rainforest Alliance Certified farms and are 100 percent organic.
- Yogi Tea launched its Cinnamon Vanilla Healthy Skin tea, adding to its current array of herbal tea products featuring the green frog seal. Made using rooibos from Rainforest Alliance Certified farms, consumers can find this new blend in stores nationwide.
By sourcing raw materials from Rainforest Alliance Certified farms, these companies are helping to transform our marketplace into a more sustainable model, improving farming communities worldwide and conserving natural resources for future generations. The Rainforest Alliance commends the companies we work with for their commitment to sustainability, but does not endorse specific products or services. For a full list of products that feature the Rainforest Alliance Certified seal, please visit the Find Certified Products page.