By April/May, we will provide cocoa partner companies with the Rainforest Alliance’s new certification seal for product packaging, along with (technical) guidance and support documents. The new seal will replace the current Rainforest Alliance Certified™ seal and the UTZ label.
As part of the new measures to strengthen our cocoa certification programs, we will accelerate the transition of the new seal for Rainforest Alliance Certified cocoa products, linking the access to and use of the new seal to the new farm and supply chain requirements. In order to use the new seal, please make sure to carefully read these new measures and requirements and to make preparations where applicable to meet them.
Below you find a time line for implementing the new seal and phasing out of the current Rainforest Alliance Certified seal and UTZ label.
- April/May, 2020: companies receive an email with links to the new Rainforest Alliance seal, as well as (technical) guidance and support documents for seal use;
- Quarter 2, 2020: companies can start submitting artwork for product packaging with the new seal for approval on Marketplace;
- September 1, 2020:
- Product packaging with the new Rainforest Alliance seal can be sold;
- Begin phase out of the current Rainforest Alliance seal and UTZ label: artwork related to the current seal or label can no longer be submitted.
- September 21-27, 2020: Follow the Frog campaign
- March 1, 2021: Using product packaging with the new seal becomes mandatory.
Please be reassured, you are not required to take products with the old Rainforest Alliance seal or the UTZ label off the shelf starting September 1st. To be conscious of costs and the environment, we allow a six months period to finish selling off existing packaging, gradually phasing out the old seal, before using new packaging with the new seal becomes mandatory.
For questions, please get in touch with your Rainforest Alliance contact or email our Customer Success team.