You don’t have to be big to make a big impact! Here are some great ways that kids can help save rainforests.
Sign up for useful tips to green your life and protect our planet.
- Ask your parents to buy foods—like bananas and coffee—that are grown in a sustainable way—In a way that is safe for the environment, for wildlife, and for people.
- Do a class project to learn more about rainforests and the plants and animals that live there. Create a skit, write a story, or decorate your classroom to look like a real rainforest. Use our coloring pages to get you started.
- Have a bake sale, garage sale, or school fundraiser to raise money to donate to an organization that works to conserve rainforests.
- Read about other children who live in and near the rainforest; see how they and their families depend on the plants and animals in the rainforest.
- Tell your friends and family about how important the rainforests are, or ask your teacher to teach your class more about rainforests.
- Use less paper—re-use paper instead of throwing it out. Cut it up to use as a notepad, or recycle the paper you use. Ask your parents and teacher about how they recycle their paper.
- Ask your school to buy environmentally friendly paper.
- Write a letter and post on social media (with an @ mention) to thank organizations and companies that are working to protect the rainforest.
- Look at a map of the world with your parents or teacher, and point out the places where rainforests exist.
- Look around your home for things you use or eat that originate in the rainforest; Think about how many things that we use every day originate in the rainforest, and how it would affect you if they were no longer around.
Support Our Work
Create a world where people and the planet prosper together.DONATE TODAY