Activity 4: A Rainforest Taste Test
In this section, the children will explore different tastes while sampling food we eat every day that originates in rainforests. They will chart their reactions to each fruit and make their own rainforest snack.
- Citrus (oranges, grapefruit, lemons)
A Rainforest Taste Test
Arrange small amounts of rainforest fruits for children to taste. Make a chart where children can record their reactions to each rainforest fruit.
|I tried a...||It tasted...||I liked it (Yes/No)|
|Pineapple||Sweet and a little sour||Yes|
- Ask: What is your favorite rainforest fruit? Why?
- What is the class’ favorite rainforest fruit?
- What is the class’ least favorite rainforest fruit?
Snack on a Tropical Treat
Rainforest Trail Mix
- 1 cup macadamia nuts
- 1 cup cashews
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup dried bananas
- 3/4 cup coconut
- 1 cup dried pineapple
- Pour items together in a large bowl. Stir until evenly mixed.
- Serve in small paper cups of plastic bags.
- Makes about 10-12 servings.