Guides & manuals
Child Labor Guide: An Introduction
This step-by-step guide helps farms, businesses, and others to implement child labor due diligence, including risk assessments, mitigation actions, remediation, monitoring, engaging with children safely, and context about child labor legislation. The guide contains five modules, three annexes and a workbook of exercises; we advise you to start with the introduction to find which modules best fit your needs:
- Module 1: What is Child Labor?
- Module 2: Assess & Address
- Module 3: Risk Assessment
- Module 4: Mitigation
- Module 5: Remediation
- Module 6: Monitoring
- Child Labor Tookit Workbook
- Annex A: Working with Children
- Annex B: Business Frameworks & Due Diligence Laws
- Annex C: Resources
The content is aligned with the Rainforest Alliance's 2020 Certification Program and with international guidance and normative frameworks (OECD and the UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights).