Certification Services Associate -- RA-Cert
The Certification Services Associate will be responsible for providing support in certification administration and trademark-related activities for all services offered by Rainforest Alliance in the US and Canada regions. S/he will provide oversight and supervise certification administration and trademark staff in the Canada and US region. S/he will also coordinate and manage the execution of chain-of-custody (CoC) certification services for a subset of existing Rainforest Alliance clients in the US. S/he will be directly involved in all aspects of CoC certification audits including scheduling, project management, customer service, management of contract auditors and quality control. S/he will also be expected to function as lead auditor on a portion of audits.
- Coordinate and oversee the trademark team to ensure consistent and responsive service in review and approval of trademark use submissions;
- Provide support and training to the Canada & US regions for certification administration services and the use and approval of FSC and RAC trademarks;
- Review and approve trademark uses (Rainforest Alliance and FSC) by key RA-Cert clients in the US & Canada region;
- Serve as North American Point of Contact (POC) for trademark and certification administration;
- Conduct Services Administration and Trademark Quality Reviews for RA-Cert US and Canada;
- FSC and RA guidance documents relating to trademarks;
- Coordinate a portfolio chain of custody clients in the US to include budgeting, service contracts, team identification, logistical planning, support to consultants, report review, liaison with clients and finalize reports for approval;
- Act as auditor on selected assessments and audits;
- Provide timely and professional customer service to current and potential clients;
- Ensure timeliness, efficiency, quality control and adherence to technical and administration certification protocols for all jobs directly under his/her responsibilities;
- Coordinate with consultants on scheduling, scope of work and subsequent deliverables;
- Data entry and record maintenance for client portfolio in applicable databases (e.g., Salesforce, FSC);
- Develop strong expertise in Rainforest Alliance, FSC CoC & SAN CoC policies and protocols;
- Provide input for policy development and technical improvements to the certification system;
- Provide monthly expense and progress reports to the Associate Manager;
- Other duties as assigned.
This position may manage employees.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; concentration in Forest Products, Forestry, Natural Resource Management or related field preferred;
- Minimum of 4 years related experience;
- Strong customer service skills;
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong word processing, databases, spreadsheet and presentation skills;
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills and attention to detail;
- Knowledge of independent forest certification schemes preferred;
- Environmental management system auditor training experience preferred;
- Fluent in French is a plus;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 25 percent of the time.
Please apply online at https://home.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=9946071. Combine cover letter and resume as one single document and upload.
The Rainforest Alliance is an equal opportunity employer.