The Rainforest Alliance is an international nonprofit organization that works to conserve biodiversity and ensure sustainable livelihoods by transforming land-use practices, business practices and consumer behavior. Based in New York City, with offices throughout the United States and worldwide, the Rainforest Alliance works with people whose livelihoods depend on the land, helping them transform the way they grow food, harvest wood and host travelers.
The Markets Assistant will work with the North American Markets team to grow demand for certified farm goods. He/she will work with companies in the coffee, cocoa, tea and other industries to source Rainforest Alliance Certified farm goods, scale up sourcing volumes and market and promote Rainforest Alliance Certification. S/he will also be responsible for Sustainable Markets team’s promotional materials and administrative tasks including fulfilling and shipping promotional material orders, monitoring and reordering promotional material inventory, invoice management, contact data entry, electronic filing, and other administrative duties.
- Maintain inventory of promotional items and promotional materials invoice log; fulfill all orders for promotional materials, including packing boxes, creating shipping documents, filling out customs forms, and scheduling pickups; reordering materials when necessary;
- Work with Markets and Communications teams to develop additional promotional materials as necessary;
- Coordinate logistics of annual participation in all North American tradeshows;
- Support market development activities, including new inquiries and supporting existing seal using businesses;
- Develop global PowerPoint templates and manage the collection and distribution of market data, facts and figures about the Rainforest Alliance Agriculture program in North America;
- Maintain internal contacts database; input new contacts gathered during tradeshows and meetings, and consolidate various contact lists into lists usable for specific purposes; Input data and run bi-weekly Use of Seal reports along with any additional reporting requested;
- Coordinate producer components of the Cuppings for Quality, including correspondence with producers, managing coffee sample collection and data input of samples and providing feedback to producers on coffee quality;
- Other administrative tasks as necessary; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred;
- Minimum of 1 year of administrative experience;
- Ability to multitask and prioritize;
- Attention to detail is imperative for creating and managing invoices and payment;
- Sound research skills and comfort with the Internet and Microsoft Office required; and
- Ability to interact professionally with clients via phone and e-mail will be necessary.
Commensurate with experience. Competitive benefits package provided.
Please apply online at https://home.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=9356711. Combine cover letter and resume as one single document and upload.
The Rainforest Alliance is an equal opportunity employer.