The Rainforest Alliance is an international nonprofit organization that works to conserve biodiversity and ensure sustainable livelihoods by transforming land-use practices, business practices and consumer behavior. Based in New York City, with offices throughout the United States and worldwide, the Rainforest Alliance works with people whose livelihoods depend on the land, helping them transform the way they grow food, harvest wood and host travelers.
The Receptionist/Office Assistant is an integral position responsible for performing a broad range of reception, communications, clerical and office administration duties. As a member of the Office Administration team this position is the voice, face and go-to person for information on the organization as well as the first point of contact for clients, customers, board members, staff and donors. S/he will provide superior customer service to all guest and staff by phone or face to face in a timely and courteous manner.
- Manage reception area including receiving and greeting guests; receiving and distributing mail, faxes; and deliveries; answering calls and responding to information requests;
- Maintain employee telephone lists, and floor map;
- Post outgoing mail and packages, provide training and support with large mailings;
- Coordinate departmental updates for monthly organization report;
- Coordinate printing and distribution of business cards;
- Assist with updating and maintaining the NY Office SharePoint page;
- Point person for GoToMeeting/GoToWebinar and Lync set up, staff training and charge back log;
- Maintain Boardroom, conference room and kitchen/pantry area tidy including stocking pantry;
- Maintain copy room supply area and assist with ordering supplies;
- Prepare Request For Payment forms for department bills;
- Back up Office Administrator when needed;
- Train backup receptionists and assistants, as necessary; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience providing strong customer service in response to requests with high levels of professionalism and excellence;
- Outstanding writing, editing and verbal communication skills;
- Superior organizational skills and attention to detail with the ability to juggle multiple projects and prioritize effectively;
- A bachelor’s degree in Business or related field preferred;
- Minimum 2 years office related work experience with demonstrated reliability regarding attendance and work performance;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, familiarity with GOTOMeeting/Webinar and SharePoint;
- A self-motivated personality to work in a spirit of cooperation to benefit staff while improving office processes and the work environment;
- Initiative to self-troubleshoot problems, while also identifying issues which need to be escalated or communicated to the supervisor or service provider;
- Knowledge of and commitment to environmental issues and sustainability practices. Experience in a not-for-profit and international environment preferred; and
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Commensurate with experience. Competitive benefits package provided.
Please apply online at https://home.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=9240001. Combine cover letter and resume as one single document and upload.
The Rainforest Alliance is an equal opportunity employer.