Senior Manager, Employee Development and Internal Communications -- Human Resources
The Rainforest Alliance is an international nonprofit organization that works to conserve biodiversity and ensure sustainable livelihoods by transforming land-use practices, business practices and consumer behavior. Based in New York City, with offices throughout the United States and worldwide, the Rainforest Alliance works with people whose livelihoods depend on the land, helping them transform the way they grow food, harvest wood and host travelers.
The Senior Manager, Employee Development and Internal Communications will be responsible for leading the development and implementation of the Rainforest Alliance’s organization-wide learning initiatives. The position will assess learning needs and develop and implement solutions that are aligned with the Rainforest Alliance’s organizational goals. The position also requires strategic planning of a new, internal communications effort requiring an understanding of how an organization functions. The Senior Manager will supervise one specialist-level staff.
Employee Development Responsibilities:
- Conduct Employee Development needs assessments to build upon current organizational needs;
- Cultivate partnerships and alliances with various institutions/vendors to implement effective learning programs;
- Conduct analyses for Management and Leadership Development programs that utilize out-of-the-box, hands-on, cost effective solutions;
- Develop New Supervisor/Manager training program for small group or 1:1 instruction;
- Prepare L&D strategic plan, annual work plan, budget, and metrics reports;
- Develop and conduct staff training; as well as, develop the skills and capacity of in-house trainers;
Internal Communications Responsibilities:
- Create/oversee creation of strategies and processes to ensure internal communications are aligned with and support the organization’s strategic direction;
- Work closely with leadership to identify quarterly all-staff webinars, and other all-staff communication;
- Develop strategy for existing and emerging communications channels to communicate with and engage employees across the organization;
- Identify which available in-house tools and methodologies can be used to ensure communications positively impact staff.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Masters degree in Education, or Organizational Development a plus;
- 7-10 years learning & development experience, including hands on experience in training, curriculum creation, instructional design, and organizational development in a global environment;
- Strong knowledge of software packages, e.g.MS Office, web-conferencing, Articulate, graphics programs like Illustrator or Fireworks; understanding web authoring tools or SharePoint a strong plus;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; Spanish verbal and written skills highly preferred.
- Ability to work in diverse and fast-paced environment;
- Must be able to offer low/no budget creative, learning solutions;
- Extremely organized and detail oriented with strong follow-through skills; must be able to get the job done;
- Breadth of knowledge – strong understanding of how to build courses, how to advise staff on professional development, how to develop managers and leaders, etc.;
- Ability to make something from nothing; can work with limited resources;
- Possibility of travel is not definite but could be up to 20 percent both domestically and internationally.
Commensurate with experience. Competitive benefits package provided.
To apply, you must have demonstrated experience:
- Developing and implementing learning programs;
- Comfort conducting/delivering trainings;
- Designing and delivering management or leadership programs;
- Preparing learning and development strategic plans;
- Working with budgets;
- Managing staff;
Please apply online at https://home.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=9572811. Combine cover letter and resume as one single document and upload.
The Rainforest Alliance is an equal opportunity employer.