As a business working with the Rainforest Alliance, you have the opportunity to promote your sustainability commitments by using and promoting our seal on your products. Use of all Rainforest Alliance marks must be submitted for review and approval through our Marketplace traceability and trademarks portal for companies selling Rainforest Alliance Certified agricultural crops.
The following materials must be submitted for approval:
- All public-facing materials that have the Rainforest Alliance Certified seal (on-pack or off-pack).
- All public-facing materials that have text about the Rainforest Alliance or use our logo.
- Any unique design or material featuring our logo or seal. This includes all translations of the material for different countries, if applicable.
Steps to submit your artwork for approval
- Sign a License Agreement
- Log on to your Marketplace 2.0. account, select the “Legal Agreements” tab, click “New”, fill out the required fields, and then click “Send”. Within a few business days, we’ll send you a customized agreement to sign. Once signed, uploaded, and validated, you’ll be eligible for approvals to use our seals.
- Please note: all company partners need to sign a new trademark License Agreement (2020 Version) with the Rainforest Alliance in order to get approval of their materials with the new seal, even if their current License Agreement is still valid.
- Log on to Marketplace 2.0.
- All Rainforest Alliance Certified farms are automatically added to Marketplace. If you work for a certified farm and need your login details, please email us.
- If you don’t already have a Marketplace username, visit the Marketplace registration page and set up your account. You’ll get an email with your username and a link to establish your password.
- Once you are logged in, create a new brand* by clicking on “Organization Profile” in the left sidebar.
- Select “Brands,” then click “Add Brand.”
- Fill out the required information (marked with an asterisk) and click “Save.”
- Create an output product* by clicking on “Organization Profile” in the left sidebar. Select “Output Products,” then “Product.”
- Fill out the required information and click “Save.”
- Click on “Request” to access the Approval Request form OR click on “Trademarks & Labeling” in the left sidebar. Select “Approval Requests,” and then click the “Request” button.
- Fill out the required information, upload your artwork, and click “Send.”
- Rainforest Alliance staff will immediately receive your submission. We will respond within 2-5 business days. You’ll receive an email when your artwork has been reviewed or approved.
*You only need to create new brands once. You also only need to create new output products once for each new format.