By May, we will present the Rainforest Alliance’s new certification seal for product packaging to all our partner companies, along with (technical) guidance and support documents. The new seal will replace the current Rainforest Alliance Certified seal and the UTZ label.
Below you find a time line for implementing the new seal and phasing out of the current Rainforest Alliance Certified seal and UTZ label.
- May 2020: companies receive an email with links to the new Rainforest Alliance Certified seal, as well as (technical) guidance and support documents for seal use;
- From June 1, 2020:
- Companies need to sign a new License Agreement with the Rainforest Alliance;
- Companies can download the new seal and start submitting artwork for product packaging with the new seal for approval on Marketplace;
- September 1, 2020: product packaging with the new Rainforest Alliance seal can be sold
- September 21-27, 2020: Follow the Frog campaign
- December 31, 2022: Begin phase out of the current Rainforest Alliance seal and UTZ label: artwork related to the old Rainforest Alliance seal or UTZ label can no longer be submitted. While we allow for this two-year transition period, we encourage companies to changeover to the new Rainforest Alliance seal at their earliest convenience.
Please be reassured, you are not required to take any products with the old Rainforest Alliance seal or the UTZ label off the shelf. To be conscious of costs and the environment, we also encourage you to finish selling off existing product packaging, gradually phasing out the old seal, before producing new packaging with the new seal.
For questions, please get in touch with your Rainforest Alliance contact or email our Customer Success team.