Follow the Frog is a customizable, B2B and B2C marketing opportunity for brands that work with the Rainforest Alliance. The annual campaign is designed to build brand awareness and value and increase loyalty. How? By engaging your consumers, employees and other stakeholders around your sustainability commitments and impacts, especially products that carry the “green frog” seal.
This year’s Follow the Frog campaign will take place September 21-27.
How can you participate?
However you want! Partnering companies choose to do many different activities to highlight their work with the Rainforest Alliance—from engaging in social media to in-store and promotional events, media outreach to employee engagement.
Use our communication toolkit
As a partnering brand, you get access to our communication toolkit with assets to supplement your existing digital content about the new seal and your collaboration with the Rainforest Alliance. We offer both ready-to-use and customizable materials, including:
- Social assets:
- Three key messages: “Join the Movement for Positive Change”, “Meet Our New Friend”, and “Small Choice, Big Impact”;
- In various dimensions, including Instagram “Carousel” and “Stories” formats, which can be used stand-alone or in conjunction with others and still deliver a compelling story;
- Assets can be personalized by adding your own brand logo;
- Follow the Frog social media graphics: Animated and static, available with the new certification seal and the legacy Rainforest Alliance Certified™ seal;
- Digital display banners: A translation of the social media assets into a standard sized bannering set. This could also be used in offline channels;
- Animations: Six-seconds GIFs which reveal the new seal. We offer multiple variations with the legacy Rainforest Alliance seal, the UTZ label, and both seals morphing into the new seal;
- Messaging framework with sample copy and building blocks for consumer communication which can be copied and pasted into your communications, used in combination with our digital assets, or customized to fit your brand tone of voice.
All digital assets are available in English, French, German and Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese, and Swedish. The messaging framework is available in English, French, German, Spanish, and Japanese.
For companies that will have the new Rainforest Alliance certification seal on-pack in 2020, there are additional opportunities available for cross promotion and co-creation to provide even more value to you. If you are interested in this, please get in touch.
What else can you expect from us?
- We will reveal the new seal to the public along with refreshed messaging around certification;
- We’ll also help consumers understand how the old Rainforest Alliance seal and UTZ label fit together with our new seal within one family, and the impacts these marks make together;
- Tips, inspiration and examples about how to activate Follow The Frog on social media, during events and promotions, and with the purpose of employee engagement;
- Active support from the Rainforest Alliance Marketing team in launching your company’s activation;
- Access to followers on Rainforest Alliance communications channels.
Why Follow the Frog?
- Bring value to your brand by highlighting the impact of your work with the Rainforest Alliance;
- Raise the profile and drive sales of your products carrying the Rainforest Alliance seal;
- Build awareness and communicate value of your work with us by engaging customers, employees, and other stakeholders around company-wide sustainability commitments;
- Benefit from public and media interest in the new seal and the awareness we create. Connect with consumers and raise awareness for the new seal and your products.
Follow the Frog is an important milestone in our 2020 Consumer Engagement plan which we recently kicked off with our new brand film and will be followed by a digital campaign. It aims to help consumers make better choices, from changing small everyday habits to purchasing with purpose by looking out for our frog seal on products.
Our 2019 Follow the Frog campaign was a huge success. Together with over 90 companies (an increase of 28% over 2018!) from 13 countries and 13 sustainable living influencers from Germany, France, Canada, UK, and the US we reached millions of people around the globe.
For great ideas and inspiration in 2020, see a recap of some of the activations and impacts of last year’s campaign.
Make sure Follow the Frog 2020 is included in your marketing & communication plans and watch this space for more! You can also subscribe for updates in the box to the right of this page. In the meantime, we encourage you to use #FollowTheFrog in your communication year round! We’re always happy to discuss ideas.