Immerse yourself in nature and ancient Maya history at our unique, all-inclusive resort in Playa del Carmen, Mexico. At Sandos Caracol Eco Resort, you can swim in the crystal-clear waters of a ancient jungle cenote, lounge on the beach surrounded by palm trees, or spend an adrenaline-filled day at our full-size water park with 29 water slides. When you have the best water park in Mexico, two swimming pools, non-stop fun and entertainment, along with a white sand beach what more do you need?
This property is located on the beachfront. Featuring a spa, 9 restaurants and 2 outdoor pools and an water park with 29 water slides for kids and adults, Sandos Caracol Eco Resort is set on Playa del Carmen Beach, overlooking Cozumel Island. Some of the rooms have balconies overlooking the Caribbean Sea.
Sandos Caracol Eco Resort is in beautiful gardens and features bright accommodations, features lessons, including yoga and scuba diving. There is also a water sports center, evening entertainment, and children's and teen's activities. Spa facilities include a sauna, hot tub and gym.
Making a Difference:
|Number of Employees:||
|Percentage of local employees:||
Sandos Playacar, Sandos Cancun, and Sandos Caracol have taken big strides towards the preservation of our local communities and the environment. Each of our hotels are Rainforest Alliance Certified, in recognition of our sustainable business practices. We are continually searching for new ways to do even better.
The Sandos hotels have set up multiple initiatives and programs, and we involve guests as much as possible. Some of the hands-on, eco-friendly practices at Sandos include:
- Sea turtle conservation programs: protection of nests and baby sea turtle releases
- Protection and repopulation programs for rescued deer and macaws
- A center for rescued animals
- The creation of the Sandos Foundation, an organization dedicated to forming programs that benefit employees, the community, and the environment
- Recycling programs, responsible waste management and reduction, and a wastewater treatment plant whose water is used on the resorts’ gardens
- “Say No to Straws” campaign to help reduce the amount of plastic on beaches and in the oceans
- Beach clean-up programs with Sandos Foundation volunteers and guests
- Recommendations for sustainable practices for guests during their stay and back home, such as the responsible use of energy, towel reusage, and a “don’t feed the wildlife” policy
- Support to local indigenous communities who sell their handicrafts at Sandos resorts
Sandos Playacar, Sandos Cancun, and Sandos Caracol are and continue to be dedicated to making a true difference in the world all while providing unbeatable service to their guests!