The Secret Maroma Beach hotel is an AMResorts has a collection of luxury hotels, each with its own inimitable personality. All have beautiful and sunny beaches, elegant rooms, world-class spa services, gourmet restaurants and unlimited drinks of the best brands, among other amenities to pamper the senses.
The destination is located on the Federal Highway 307 Chetumal-Cancún Km, 306.5, Riviera Maya-Punta Maroma, Quintana Roo, located in the heart of the Riviera Maya, is 40 km from the Cancun International Airport, 20 km from Playa del Carmen, facing the turquoise waters of the Mexican Caribbean, surrounded by the lush vegetation of the area.
Rooms: Secrets Maroma Beach Riviera Cancún offers 412 luxurious smoke-free guest suites, each featuring a king-size bed (or two double beds), private terrace or balcony, in-suite hydrotub for two, complimentary mini-bar and much more. All of our rooms and main buildings are smoke free.
Making a Difference:
|Number of employees||750|
|Percentage of local employees||99|
Since 2013, Secrets Maroma Beach Riviera Cancún obtained Rainforest Alliance certification due to its commitment to reduce the environmental impact within the resort and in nearby communities. This distinction is awarded to tourism industries that take the necessary measures and meet specific criteria identified or endorsed by the Rainforest Alliance. Secrets Maroma Beach Riviera Cancún carries out a series of actions that together add to efforts towards sustainability, among them can be listed the following:
- Sustainable procurement policy that prioritizes local suppliers, products in large presentation, environmentally friendly or sustainability-certified.
- Support to Mayan communities through regular delivery of donations (clothes, pantries, school supplies and toys for their little ones) as the community “El Naranjal” located in the Municipality of Lázaro Cardenas.
- Support to 9 artisan women from this community promotion and sale of their artisan products, demonstrating proud of their origins and thus achieving an economic income for their family.
- Training employees and community about climate change.
- Measurement of the carbon footprint and reduction it in the following immediate year through a carbon capture program, reforestation and sustainable forest management activities led by Scolel’te, AMBIO.
- With recycling in 2018, we avoid logging 162,269 trees that in mature stage give oxygen to 610,896 people.
- The use of the space of 19,091 M3 that would occupy our rubbish in the municipal dump was avoided.
- 9,973.12 tons of CO2 were avoided for the decomposition of our open-pit trash.
- We save the use of 66,816,750 kW/hr equivalent to keeping 8,896,875 TVs on for 24hrs. 30.9 tons of organic waste donated to Rancho Yaman Ek to be used as feed for livestock and compost.
- 26,200 cigarette butts were collected avoiding contamination to the environment.
- 97.6 kg of plastic caps were collected to support children with autism from the Kodomo Foundation.
- 1.5 ton of garbage was collected in 1 km of beach the Sian Ka’an Biosphere Reserve (Natural Protected Area).
- Cleaning of 5.56 km of beach was carried out collecting 108.5 kg of rubbish.
- $104,724.00 MN pesos was donated to Saving our sharks to support environmental research and education to protect sharks and their ecosystems in Mexico.
- 1,070 kg dog food were donated, and cleaning supplies.
- 414 school supplies, 25 backpacks and 32 lunchboxes and 378 toys were donated.