As we all navigate this difficult COVID-19 pandemic, we are committed to working together with our company partners to adapt to the changing conditions. As you can imagine, the current situation is affecting the regular implementation of our certification programs. Therefore, we are implementing special measures to address this.
On this page you can find measures that are specific and relevant for our partner companies. Over the next few weeks and months, the duration of these may be extended, or they may be updated as the situation changes. We will do our best to keep you informed. Please watch this space for the most recent updates.
Audit Exception Policy
One challenge for companies with existing Rainforest Alliance Chain of Custody certification or an UTZ license may be to schedule an audit as planned to comply with our Chain of Custody requirements. In case your company faces this challenge, you can make use of our temporary Audit Exception Policy. In summary, this means:
- You apply for your Chain of Custody audit on time, and your Certification Body (CB) can schedule a remote or “desk” audit instead of an in-person audit;
- The remote or “desk” audit will replace your onsite audit for the current audit cycle;
- You won’t have a lapse in your Rainforest Alliance certification or UTZ license.
Supply Shortage Policy
We also recognize that it may currently be difficult to source enough UTZ certified or Rainforest Alliance Certified™ ingredients for your products. To help, we’ve published a Supply Shortage Policy that addresses this concern. In summary, this means:
- You can continue to use your packaging printed with the Rainforest Alliance Certified seal or UTZ label, even if you face shortages in your supply volumes of certified crops or ingredients;
- You are requested to put a disclosure statement for the affected products on the brand or product’s website to ensure full transparency to consumers;
- You will need to buy a compensating volume of certified crop later this year.
How to apply
Make sure to read the full policy carefully in advance and fill out the form, below.
Supply Shortage Request
Still have questions?
For questions or concerns, get in touch with your regular Rainforest Alliance contact or firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank you for your continued commitment to sustainability, and we hope that you and your family and colleagues remain safe and healthy during this difficult time.