Be sure to use espresso stamped with the Rainforest Alliance Certified™ seal of approval—your assurance that goods were grown in a way that protects the environment and supports farming communities across the globe.
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon of finely ground Rainforest Alliance Certified espresso
- ½ teaspoon of specialty sea salt
- 1 cup of honey
- Cut parchment paper into 24 two-inch square pieces.
- Line a cookie sheet with these pieces.
- In a heavy medium-sized saucepan, heat cream, espresso powder and salt until bubbles appear (and not any longer).
- Stir in honey and bring mixture to boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and stir constantly until candy reaches 260 degrees Fahrenheit (Verify temperature with a candy thermometer).
- Pour mixture into a heat resistant bowl and let cool. Once cool, refrigerate for about 10 minutes to thicken.
- Remove mixture from refrigerator, stir and (using a wooden spoon) drop one tablespoon of the mixture at a time on parchment paper.
- Allow to cool, then shape into balls or cut into squares.
- Wrap candies in wax paper. Do so by placing candy piece in the middle of the paper, folding over sides and twisting each end.
Source: Group Recipes