Online channels are an efficient and cost-effective way to communicate your sustainability success stories to a broad, engaged audience. Here are a few suggestions for how you can raise awareness online about your work with the Rainforest Alliance, and commitment to sustainability, through your web-based channels:
- Use your website to highlight your work with the Rainforest Alliance and your commitment to forest communities and farmers around the world. You can start small with a few sentences, or dedicate a whole page to what it means to see the seal on your product, and why you chose to source sustainable goods.
- Use your social networks to build a community of fans and followers, connecting your consumers to both your brand, and the seal, in a unique, authentic way.
- When writing about us online, be sure to tag the appropriate name for each channel:
- By tagging us in your online content, you let us know that you have posted about our work together, so we can then share your content with our audiences, spreading its reach, amplifying your message, and engaging a broader network of consumers.
- We also encourage you to use the tags #RainforestAlliance when talking about our work
- Once you’re following us, post a note on our wall or feed about why you’re working with the Rainforest Alliance.
- Help your employees become sustainability champions by encouraging them to also follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
Quick tips when talking about us online:
- You may need to abbreviate our name to fit your message within the word limit on some social media channels. When doing so, use the initials RA, not RFA, and only if you had already referred to us earlier in the post by our whole name, the Rainforest Alliance.
- Our name is two words, not three. We are the Rainforest Alliance, not the Rain Forest Alliance, or the RainForest Alliance.
- See more tips and messaging templates here.